What's the experience of t-tops like? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the experience of t-tops like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the experience of t-tops like?

How does it compare to just having a sunroof open, and having a convertible?

Well,

I just finished the primary install yesterday, but I love it so far. I don't really think that a sunroof even compares to t-tops. And a convertible to me is too much a safety risk. Although the convertible is pretty fun, I have a rather big head and I don't wanna flip and have it scrubbing the ground. That's just my .02. Like I said, I'm loving my new t-tops. I don't know if it's just me, but I think they made my stereo sound a little better too.
    2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

t-tops are much better than a sunroof. It feels like a convertable when they're off. And When they're on you can look directly up and see out. I like them. the only thing that might be better would be one of the roof pieces that come off like on a del sol or as in fast in the furious. But t tops are a combo of a convertable and a sunroof, and you get the best of each of the 2. Thats what I think anyway ;/

Comment

Question, have you done any fiberglass or bondo work yet? When you made yoru cut to the hard top. Did you actually cut in the ridge or just in front of it??

Comment

T-tops aren't even comparible to a sun roof. The experience is much more like a convertible. It's great b/c you get all the positives of a convertible w/o the negatives of rolling it. IMO it's not an f-body w/o them. :D

Comment

When I made my cut, I tried to keep it centered in the ridge, but it was really hard to keep it straight. Like MTMIKE said that cut is pretty much the only way to tell that your car didn't come with factory t-tops.

I hope that answered your question. I haven't done any fiberglass or bondo work yet..
            2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X