Fiberglass & doing it yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass & doing it yourself

How hard is it, anyone have any pointers or know where I could go for detailed instructions & tips on doing fiberglass.

What do I want to do? Replace my interior.

Its crazy, yes, I know. Crazy enough that I will need to do it myself if I want to afford it :D

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Later
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

hey im doing that right now im no professional this is my first job but im, posting pics as i go along come check me out. im not done yet work is gettin in the way.i gotta find my site first
    I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

Comment

here it is page 4 has my start. i found it soooo easy to do. right now im doing my center consone super thick impregnated with a ps2 equalizers control units for my tv, soon to be tv's guages ans soon switches for my subs.

heres the site http://www.sounddomain.com/id/shifty
      I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

Comment

Looks good shifty, keep us posted w/ pics.

Comment

i will i got the whole console done check it out later tonight

Comment

It's the exact same thing as doing carbon fiber. And it's supposed to be real easy even though I haven't gotten around to doing it. Go to a book store (I went to Barnes & Noble) and find a book about laying composite materials or something. It'll tell you alot of what you need to know. I still want to try cf but can't afford it right now :mad:

Shifty: Did you cover your console in duct tape to make somewhat of a mold? I can't exactly tell from the pics. That sounds like a good idea to redo your interior in fiberglass and paint it. I would just need to be able to replace the stock pieces for when I sell it (not for 4 more years when I can get insured on a T/A or Z-28 :D )
            1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

saran wrap duct tape then vasaleine cane off nicely but i hear do vaseline fisrt the saran wrap then duct tape then vaseline again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X