waxing, cleaning question in general. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waxing, cleaning question in general.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waxing, cleaning question in general.

ok,
    i know you are not suposed to wax or polish in circular motions and i have never done so. ok so heres is the question. lets say im standing at the side of the car do i polish forward and backwards, twords the otherside of the car and back, or side to side, to the hood and trunk, motion? does it even matter? just wondering

eddie
    Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

I think, you are supposed to go back and forth, in the direction that air flows over the car when driving normaly. So, hood to trunk and back.

Don't ask me who came up with this. Not using circles is just so you don't create scratches that show from all angles. As long as you always polish in the same direction, you should be fine.

Me? I still polish in circles. Old habits die hard.

[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: Distephano ]</p>
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

I wash and wax in circles with no ill effects.....so far. To get the best shine, you are supposed to wax the hood and rear in up and down motions, and the sides of the car in a side-to-side motion.
      <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
        Exploding starters
        by Kubes
        Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
        i bought this car a couple...
        1 week ago
      • 2.8 Bird
        Thinking about going back to 180 stat
        by 2.8 Bird
        It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Found some led reverse bulbs
        by ssms5411
        My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
        2 weeks ago
      • Fruitgrower231
        Having some electrical issues
        by Fruitgrower231
        95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
        2 weeks ago
      • SixShooter'00Camaro
        OG’s check in!
        by SixShooter'00Camaro
        Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X