Idea >> What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea >> What do you think?

I got an idea! Sorry Camaro guys this only applies for Firebirds, so I know that you all 'bird-boys (and gals) should know what I'm talking about. On the 93-97 'birds, the front fascia has that (multi-piece) emblem in the middle. I have an extra and thought about taking that emblem and putting it on the interior, using 3M double sided tape. I'm thinking about placing it on steering wheel (below or where the Pontiac symbol is). Any thoughts or other placement ideas? Anybody done this before?? I'll take some pics pretty soon.....
    Just a thought!

~ The Sandman
    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Sounds interesting, Sandman. If you do it, let me know how it comes out / send pics when it is done. I might be interested in doing the same.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Where did you get it from ?? I need a white one. I took it off when i did my racing stripe and wanna put it back to brak up some of the black.
      AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

I think that maybe you should put it on the passanger side dash. Maybe paint it red, unless it is red, and it would go great with your interior. Have you put it on your steering wheel to see how it looks? I would think it would look to big for it, but I think it would look great on the dash [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Firebrd9783 ]</p>
        Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Sandman:
          I got an idea! Sorry Camaro guys this only applies for Firebirds, so I know that you all 'bird-boys (and gals) should know what I'm talking about. On the 93-97 'birds, the front fascia has that (multi-piece) emblem in the middle. I have an extra and thought about taking that emblem and putting it on the interior, using 3M double sided tape. I'm thinking about placing it on steering wheel (below or where the Pontiac symbol is). Any thoughts or other placement ideas? Anybody done this before?? I'll take some pics pretty soon.....
          Just a thought!

~ The Sandman
          <hr></blockquote>

Well Sam I wouldnt take the one from the front off but maybe buy one (I'll try to find that site where you can order one) and then put it where you like. I dont think it would stick very well on the streering wheel since it is somewhat a porerous(sp) servace and its also curved. Another bad thing is that you dont want to put it somewher where you'll be touching a lot. I put a really nice emblem on my shifter handle and with the heat and me always driving with my hand on it it started to move around and then I had to take it off because it looked crappy.

You can put it on the passenger side air bag (I've seen people with decals there) bu personally i didnt like how it looked.

Well best of luck, just make sure I'm the first one to see your pics ;)

Comment

Hehe thanks RGS, I already got another one of a wrecked front fascia ;)
            I don't really touch the center of the steering wheel a lot so I think it should be fine. The only problem I may have is with it sticking, due to all the Armour-All I use [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            I'll send pics to you and some other nice member of the board ;)
            <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
              I think that maybe you should put it on the passanger side dash. Maybe paint it red, unless it is red, and it would go great with your interior. Have you put it on your steering wheel to see how it looks? I would think it would look to big for it, but I think it would look great on the dash [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Firebrd9783 ]
              <hr></blockquote>

Thanks ;)
              :cool:

Comment

My only concern on doing that is if you ever have an accident and the airbag deploys, it might drive that emblem through your head or body. That would really suck. I'd leave it off the steering wheel.
                97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

I don't think that the emblem is hard enough to get pushed through bone.
                  I'm gonna do this on Friday when I get back from college, pics will be up then. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

DO the pass airbag
                    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X