remove scratches on windshield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove scratches on windshield?

well from my old wiper blades on my pass. wiper it made some small scratches it kinda annoyes me but how can i remove this? thanks chet

new windshield! lol
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I have a scratch on the windshield of my other car and I've tried almost every window polishing compound on the market to get rid of it, but nothing has worked! I've come to the assumption that the only thing that'll work is a new windshield. I've even tried clear fingernail polish, clear glue, etc. Nada!
      I guess the scrape is too deep, so nothing will work to fix it. Honestly, it's been on there so long that I don't even realize it anymore.
      sigpic

Comment

if you take super glue, and generously fill in the scratch and completley let it dry.. then take a razor blade and shave off all the excess
        that should take care of it.. but im not sure. its worth a try.

I bet windshields are expensive in our cars.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Sledge hammer + new wind sheild

I had a decent size scratch from a rock on my wiper blades on my jeep. Nothing worked. Good luck chet :|.

Comment

chet, I used marine boat compound to clean all scratches off my windshield, and water spots. Works Great.

Comment

got full glass coverage on your car ? put a break in the path of the wipers and then get it replaced.
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

The only way I know of is to get a new windshield through insurance.

On a side note Chet, could you please enlighten me on how you wired your glow gauges. Where and what color wires to what? I dont suppose there is a way to run them off the dimmer switch or so they come on with the headlights by the light sensor?
                \'98 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X