How much to re-paint a different color? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much to re-paint a different color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to re-paint a different color?

I am sick and tired of having a black car. Although it looks badass when its clean, it only stays clean for a day. And every single time I go to clean it or even wipe it down I find new scratches and it depresses me. Yes it is even garage kept.

So, I know its not cheap, but around how much would it be to get my car painted a different color? I really like the color of Kristen's car, and my wheels and headlights would look okay on it too.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

To do it right will probably cost in excess of 3-grand. The shop will have to pull the doors, hood, ect. to get inside of everything to sand, prime, then paint so it looks factory. There's more to it than spraying the exterior.
    If you just want the exterior painted, you're probably looking in the range of 2-3 grand.

Maaco will do it for $500-$900, but you'd better sell it the day after you get it back because the paint won't be worth a sh*t!
    sigpic

Comment

at least $2500, if you do it the easy way, not painting under the hood ( engine bay) inside the door jams, under the hatch. like hockeyman said, theres ALOT involved. my sister on her tiberuon went from white to silver, and got it done the easy way, from 10-12 feet away, you cant tell much of a difference with the door open, but she went with a real light silver. going from black to pewter is a rather large change in color.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

When I first got my bird, I wanted to go from teal to black. 1800$ was the cheapest estimate I got using factory paint.
        1994 Pontiac Firebird M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series/dual pipes<br />Magnaflow High Flow Cat<br />eBay two piece intake<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112560\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112560</a>

Comment

It really depends on the maaco they will do a decent job but ur probably goin to have to wax more in order to protect the cheaper paint. But u said u garage keep your car so maaco might not be that bad of a choice. If i were u i would look around at local maccos and ask to see some of their finished work see what the quality looks like for yourself. and at 700 bucks if it starts to look crapy lol u can always paint again. Oh yea and maaco does paint the door jams they just dont pait under the hood.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X