Need serious decision help guys:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need serious decision help guys:)

Ok guys i have some money to spend and i want to get rims possibly. i want chrome and i'm looking at chrome SS 10 spokes. the 17" ones. anyway what do you guys think. i'm going to drop the car about an 1"-1.5" and i'm going to get a hypertech with a posi rear and stuff. so i don't want to spend a sh*t ton of money on rims and tires. or should i just stick with my rims and make my car go faster.i need help guys. i could just get some nice rims and tires and tuck them by dropping it, instead of making it go faster. what would you guys do if you have $2500 to play with. i can get rims and tires for $1,300. thats the SS rims with Kumho MX tires. Thanks for the help guys
    2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

if i had 2500, i would do a cam, headers, CAI, NX wet shot, and a 1pc DS........

but thats me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

1200 cam (everything lifter sprig ect)
      250 posi
      300 headers
      600 for wet shot
      40 for 1 piec DS

or you could bye a 12 bolt rear and ship it to my house but that is just me
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

you guys aren't really helping. I'm really wanting to just make it look better. I'm kinda getting outta the speed thing. Even though i will do some stuff to make it faster. anyway anybody else with idea's How about Loochy. you always have idea's for me. thanks guys [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
        2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

Wheels make the car, its as simple as that. You can definately get a nice set of wheels/tires for 1500. But id look into something a little different. Chrome Zr1's and 10 spokes are lame as hell. Look around and find something a little better. In any case, wheels, drop and some drivetrain sounds good to me if your not gonna go hardcore into the motor.

Cp

[ February 22, 2004, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: hou-tex-six ]

Comment

Wheels make the car, its as simple as that. You can definately get a nice set of wheels/tires for 1500. But id look into something a little different. Chrome Zr1's and 10 spokes are lame as hell. Look around and find something a little better. In any case, wheels, drop and some drivetrain sounds good to me if your not gonna go hardcore into the motor.

Cp
            a badass time slip does too!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

wheels add a lot of class. definitely invest in some rims.

ill say it again, i got my rims and tires (and installation) for 825 dollars. everything was brand new. 185's are cheap, and ive still only seen them on one other f-body. (the tires were sumitomos... i got two of them from tirerack, and two from a guy off of another board.)

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I say go for it with the rims, but...just don't pick anything too crappy looking, I have seen some pretty hideous rims chosen.

As for dropping it, I don't like lowered cars...I can't help but throw a "RICER" bomb at them when I see them, thoug I think it could be tastefully done.
                Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

I fyour going to go with OEM Chevy rims, go with C5 Vette wheels. Some of the guys have them here and I think they look bad A$%!
                  95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

Hey go to ebay and find the Zo6 rims with tires, i go the 7x8.5 with pirelli low profile tires all for 1600. all chrome amazingg looking, i dont have pic but they arent hard to find, and in my opinion the Zo6 look better then teh C5 cuz they dont have as much open air but either is awsome jstu my opinion
                    Greg<br />1995 3.4l v6 manual<br />ZO6 rims, new paint, firebird logo in back.<br />Lambda Chi Alpha

Comment

Yah i would go for the rims they always make the car look that much better.

Hey loochy would those rims on your car fit on a 98 just curios i think it be a nice touch to my car after I get my other mods completed. thanx

Sean
                      1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

I'm looking at some ZR1'a that i can get for $500. then $75 shipped. i can get rims and tires for about $1000. i kinda like the ZR1's too. Loochy, how much did you get those for and where from? Just curious because i kinda like those. Unless you don't want me to copy. Thanks for the help Loochy. You are the greatest. I never get sick of looking at your car. :D

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by wilkcamaro98:
                            Hey loochy would those rims on your car fit on a 98
                            yep, they will fit. all 93+ fbodys have the same bolt pattern.

Originally posted by Cole Angrimson:
                            Loochy, how much did you get those for and where from? Just curious because i kinda like those. Unless you don't want me to copy. Thanks for the help Loochy. You are the greatest. I never get sick of looking at your car. :D
                            Thanks for the kind words! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                            I got my 185's from a place called www.smokingjoescustoms.com which is apparently out of business now. I got my wheels for about 500ish... maybe 550 after shipping. Try eaglewheels.com or ebay to see what kind of deals they have. Ebay has them, but not too often. You also might try emailing other reputable bulk sellers of 077's on ebay. thats actually how i came across smokingjoes. Good luck finding them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and i dont care if you copy! :D I think they look mean on fbodys and I wish i saw them around more often. I claim no copyrights on Eagle 185 wheels [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Coriya71:
                              I fyour going to go with OEM Chevy rims, go with C5 Vette wheels. Some of the guys have them here and I think they look bad A$%!
                              i agree. this is what im doing [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                1 day ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X