Installed gauges...needles don't move..HELP! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed gauges...needles don't move..HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed gauges...needles don't move..HELP!

I just installed reverse glow gauges in my firebird and now the needles are in the wrong spot and don't move and I can't get them fixed....can anyone help me out????

take the needles off
    turn the car on, while engine is cold
    place the needls all on the lowest marks

unless u broke them, thats how u fix it.... you should have take them off while the car was running and marked where they were at ...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer:
      take the needles off
      turn the car on, while engine is cold
      place the needls all on the lowest marks
      That will work for the engine temp, speedometer, tach and probably oil pressure. However for the fuel gauge and the voltage meter turning the car on will make the needles set themselves up a bit higher than at the lowest points (unless fuel tank is bone dry and battery is almost dead). For the fuel gauge I'd go fill the tank and then put the needle on the F mark with the car on. For the voltage meter, I'm not quite sure how you would set that one unless of course there is an internal stop on the gauge itself in which case just make sure that the shaft is at its lowest point and stick the needle on.

As for the needles not moving they are probably pressed on too far or the overlay is not being held tight against the gauge face and it is rubbing against the needles. The last overlay I did I had to glue the overlay down on top of the stock gauge face with a spray headliner adhesive (double sided tape didn't cut it). That's why I'm not installing them on my Camaro.

Comment

Thanks, I got all of them except oil and water temp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
          Exploding starters
          by Kubes
          Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
          i bought this car a couple...
          1 week ago
        • 2.8 Bird
          Thinking about going back to 180 stat
          by 2.8 Bird
          It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Found some led reverse bulbs
          by ssms5411
          My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
          3 weeks ago
        • Fruitgrower231
          Having some electrical issues
          by Fruitgrower231
          95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X