almost done painting my interior , but..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

almost done painting my interior , but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost done painting my interior , but.....

ok guys, i know some of you like it and others dont, but i like it. so, i sanded them down good, primered, sanded, primered, sanded then, first coat of color,let it dry,ect ect. i dont feel like typeing it all. fast forward, i put down 4-5 coats of color. then 3 clear. i planed on doing one more but when it dryed it turned out all foggy looking. and its dull. its not shiney at all.now i did plan on buffing a little but is buffing going to even do anything? i was also thinking of getting like 2000+ grit sand paper and sanding a little? i dont know how to fix it. it looks horrible. :(
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Ummm, Call Macco

Comment

Originally posted by Crashtest:
      Ummm, Call Macco
      oh come on, it looks better than what they coulda done. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

anyone else have helpfull information?

Comment

Try the 2000 grit and some rubbing compound.. i think thats what i have heard, i havent tried it and am not a paint expert but i believe that will polish it up.
          1999 Black V6 Camaro<br />Website: <a href=\"http://midnight-maro.freestarthost.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://midnight-maro.freestarthost.com</a> <br /><br />CAI,Lid,K&N,SLP LM, Powerdyne, Shift Kit, 160* thermo, and gauge pillar w/gauges.. Sittin in the garage: RKSport Headers, Carsound Cat, LSD, Fuel Pump, GTP Injectors, 3.73\'s

Comment

a pic would help ;)
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

how long did you let it dry? if its celar from a spray can sometimes it takes it a while to cure
              no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

between coats? it ben 6 days sence i finished.

i dont have a digital camera, so pics cant really come soon. its just cloudy/foggy. i dont know. im saveing every penny i have to get the frame pulled and parts under coated.thanks for the advice guys

Comment

How much is it gonna be to get the frame pulled?
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

i dont know what it would be for just the frame, he said he'd pull the frame, get a dent out my my quater panel thats pretty big and undercoat the 2 bumpers and 2 fenders. all for about $300. my dad went to school with the guy. and their still good friends. and he fixed and painted my dads car twice, my sisters car once and repainted my brothers once. so im sure he's doing it cheap.

Comment

$300 for all that? Thats giving away his job, i would jump on this deal ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
                        $300 for all that? Thats giving away his job, i would jump on this deal ASAP.
                        yeah he's a real cool guy. he said i have to help though. like mask off stuff, get everything ready. and help put everything on. he wants me to primer it. but im kinda scared. we'll see.

im only 14, money isnt easy to get.ya know? he painted my dads hood and 2 fenders, and the front, undercoating too. for i think 1000. which doesnt sound bad. but like i said he's good friends with my dad, and we've given him our buisiness for years and we refer him to everyone. its just him working their, no employee's to pay.

now if only someone could help me fix my stupid interior. :(

Comment

You're only 14...what are you doing driving a car???

Comment

well I just had to repaint my hood because the clear coat was peeling [img]redface.gif[/img] after you put the clear coat on it will look dull and not shiny,wait at least 24 hours and then wet sand it with 2000 grit paper,after that use some 3M rubbing compound and it will look great :D

Comment

Originally posted by BiH:
                              well I just had to repaint my hood because the clear coat was peeling [img]redface.gif[/img] after you put the clear coat on it will look dull and not shiny,wait at least 24 hours and then wet sand it with 2000 grit paper,after that use some 3M rubbing compound and it will look great :D
                              YES, im gettin better at paint.. that was my suggestion.
                              1999 Black V6 Camaro<br />Website: <a href=\"http://midnight-maro.freestarthost.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://midnight-maro.freestarthost.com</a> <br /><br />CAI,Lid,K&N,SLP LM, Powerdyne, Shift Kit, 160* thermo, and gauge pillar w/gauges.. Sittin in the garage: RKSport Headers, Carsound Cat, LSD, Fuel Pump, GTP Injectors, 3.73\'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X