Rubber on quarter panel & wheel well - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubber on quarter panel & wheel well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber on quarter panel & wheel well

Hey guys, I went to the track yesterday and after some tire-spinning, I have rubber all over my wheel well and on the quarter panel. I've heard bug & tar remover would help remove this...I've scrubbed all afternoon and pretty much went through a whole bottle of it...it won't come off. It seems too thick(the rubber). Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get this off in a way that won't damage the paint(and whatever material the wheel well is made from)? Thanks, and I'll know better next time to put some burnout guard before I run.
    Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

i used a screw driver, and a spakling (sp?) knife to scrape it off, i was just very careful on the paint.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

well you could use some mineral spirits to wipe it off, it won't damage the paint. just don't rub too much in or scrub too hard. it will work.
      #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Bug-n-Tar remover works very well! Just make sure you re-wax the area after getting the rubber particles off!!!!
        I had a 86 T/A once, and raced it like crazy! I too had a problem with the rubber spots on the quarterpanel(s). I took Saran Wrap and stuck it to my quarterpanels, and just removed it when I was done racing. Worked like a charm!
        sigpic

Comment

I was able to get some of the "easier" spots out using the bug & tar remover, but the majority of the "thick" spots stay. Here's how it looks.

A little of it is gone now(I took the pictures a few hours after I got back from the track). Now how do I get the rest off, including the stuff inside the wheel well?
          Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

:eek: try McGuiar's pre-cleaner. Works on everything. Great stuff. And like Hockeyman said, make sure to re-wax once you get it cleaned off... it'll come off much easier next time.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

ALL YOU NEED IS PENUT BETTER IT WILL COME RIGHT OFF !!! [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

i know it sounds wierd but it works
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Haha! :cool:
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY!!!!

Are you serious about the peanut butter, viper?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try a few more things & some crazy scrubbing when I get time.

Comment

Just an idea... spray it with Pam... that might be another ***** to get off, though...
                    1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ArticRider:
                      Are you serious about the peanut butter, viper?
                      yes

what you think i use on my car so i don't have to re-wax everytime?

becareful if you use the chunky stuff don't want a nut scratch in your car
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:

nut on the hood is the worst ;)
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:

nut on the hood is the worst ;) </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X