foggy headlight lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foggy headlight lenses

does anyone else have a foggy lense cover on their headlights? my left headlight cover has noticeable fog inside the lense, but the right cover is completely clear. Anyone know wut that is from or if they have it too? I have 100k on the car, and my brothers 98 grand prix has the same fog with over 100k miles as well
    white 98 v6 camaro A4

its just a normal thing alot of people have caused by mositure and ageing. you can take off the lense and clean and polish it up. do a search about how
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Are you sure it's on the inside? If the headlight looks clear when you pour a little water over it, then it's the outside that needs to be sanded/polished.
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

yea its definetly the inside, i guess its a normal thing that a cleaning will get rid of
        white 98 v6 camaro A4

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_98:
          yea its definetly the inside, i guess its a normal thing that a cleaning will get rid of
          its def. not on the inside if pouring water over it makes it go away.

i would suggest sanding them down, then polishing it up with some plasticx (or some good rubbing compound)

I did one of my headlights, and it looks alot better, but im far from done.

Comment

Re: foggy headlight lenses

Originally posted by victimizati0n
            its def. not on the inside if pouring water over it makes it go away.

i would suggest sanding them down, then polishing it up with some plasticx (or some good rubbing compound)

I did one of my headlights, and it looks alot better, but im far from done.
            I just used a very fine sandpaper + Scrathc Remove Gs 27. Now the headlight plastic lens is WORSE. This is another example of GM
            lets do it cheap corporate philosophy...if it were made of glass.
            none of us would be having this issue.
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
              I just used a very fine sandpaper + Scrathc Remove Gs 27. Now the headlight plastic lens is WORSE. This is another example of GM
              lets do it cheap corporate philosophy...if it were made of glass.
              none of us would be having this issue.

you sanded it down, and it is worse now?

go for a higher grit, and wetsand it.

if they were made of glass, they would be square, and our cars would look exactly like a 97

Comment

if you messed it up worse you must have done it wrong. i just got a bowl with warm water and some soap to put the sandpaper in and wetsanded with 600 grit then 1000 grit then 2000 grit then rubbing compound and mine look almost new. it just takes time and some elbow grease. i just made sure it was wet and i have heard with some soap in the water it kinda lubricates it when you are wet sanding. I done a couple lights that way and no problem like new. hope this helps
                98 Mystic Teal Camaro
                Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X