what can I do to fix my paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can I do to fix my paint?

alright, I installed mudflaps sometime after I bought my car, it really helps keep the body nice and it does stay much cleaner from the daily crap that you pick up with a daily driver.

Problem is I thought it was to my benifit to get the wrap around ones that kinda mold to the body instead of just the normal flat ones. Well, the wrap around part has scuffed up the paint on all 4 cornors :mad: I would take them off and buy the flat ones but my paint is scratched down to the white on all 4 in a strip like 4" long. You cant see it now that with them on but if I were to take them off I need to do something.

Any ideas? just ticks me off that I did something to preserve the car and keep it nice and it backfired against me.
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

**** happens.

Your first mistake was getting the mudflaps. They don't go on Camaros.

I don't know if you can buff out scuff marks..I guess depending on how deep it is. I would take off the mudflaps and if worst comes to worst, get those areas repainted or touched-up.
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

I am about ready to pay to have these areas touched up also. (behind the front two tires that is)

I tried to touch them up myself. It looks allright, but could look a lot better. Has anyone ever paid a body shop to touch these areas up? If so, how much did they charge you?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Same is happening on my far. My car used to be white and it is slowly fading so you can see the white in these areas. Usually you would probably have to paint everything, but if they did it just right you could probably just shoot some base on it and some clear and blend it out. I don't know how it would turn out though.

Comment

I dont regrette puting them on cuz chances are that if I got another sports car with wide tires I would do it again.

I guess I am going to live with it for now unless something happens and I loose one.

No one can tell but me but I learned never to get the wrap around type again.
          ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Yeah, I had a set of those wrap arounds on my '97 Monte Carlo. The only thing you could really do is try to use some Touch of paint on it, and then buff it out.

I'm partial to the ones I have on my car.

More Pics Here
            1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X