Polish stock pontiac 5 spoke wheels? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish stock pontiac 5 spoke wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish stock pontiac 5 spoke wheels?

Is it possible to polish the wheels myself? What are ways it can be done, I know people have thought of it, I just havent seen anyone talk of it. Any thoughts?
    Go Fast or Dont Go

lots of work... i mean lots.

Ryan.
    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

I will tell you exactly! I completely ****ed up my rims with this chrome cleaner **** that mucked them up really good so I went to pep boys and bought a bolish bit for my drill. I then cut 2 pieces of rag and put them over the bit (the actual bit itself will scratch the rims). Buy some Mothers metal polish and tip the bit into that and just use your drill on the wheels. You going to have to do the inner side coners by hand because the drill bit is circular and it can't get into all the knoock and crannies. It will take you a couple of hours but when you're done... damn!
      \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

I almost forgot, you're going to need more than 2 pieces to cover the bit because after about one wheel, the top layer of rag will tear.
        \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

edoog: got any pics of the results?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
            edoog: got any pics of the results?<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I'd like to see how they came out.

I've been toying with the idea of doing what DV had started this summer. I've got all winter to let the car sit, I'm already pulling the engine and tranny and replacing seals.

But, I just don't wanna **** up the wheels.
            1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

I saw DV's first pics and it looked good, only problem is it didn't look like a consistant shine all the way across
              1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br />Whisper - K&N - N20 - Magnaflow muffler&Tips - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br />Stull Billet Grille - Limo tint - blackouts - Black or Red \"camaro\" piece - A-pillar cf a/f ratio - Greddy fuel press<br />Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

yeah, i knew it can be done, its just a matter of how well. The more time you put into one wheel will obviouly show its beauty. If I get some spare time I may have to do it. eDoog, did it take you a couple hours per rim?
                Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X