98 tails to 93-96 tails.....Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 tails to 93-96 tails.....Help!

I sold my altezza tails lights and was wondering what needs to be done to switch to the 93-96 tails on my 98 camaro. Do i need the wiring harness of the 93-96 car or can i use the one thats already on my car and just splice wires....?
    \"a civic is like a tampon...every pussy has one\"

Umm maybe just change the amber bulb to red?
    Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

you should do a search. i remember someone posting pics of doing this pretty recently. it looks really good.
      2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

someone at cz28.com did a full write up on it...

http://web.camaross.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=34

I am looking to do the conversion soon, just need to pick up a set of tail-lights, its really easy I hear, easier going 97+ to 93-96 then the other way around.

Comment

no full write up necessary its very easy....and there is no amber bulb to replace :rolleyes: ...yes it was me that did the conversion...nothing to it....go to pep-boys and buy a double filament socket to replace the current single filament turnsignal...its a 3157 socket...cut your old turn signal off, use some but connectors for the new socket and hook up the "high"(brighter) line to the old signal wire, then get a wire tap and tap into one of your running lights which is the "low"(dim) wire, you'll need a tester to find out which wire it is....and your done..Ill draw a little pic if you need me too....the way it will work is your running lights will light the entire thing up...brakes will only be on the outer part of the light, and your turn signal will be in the inner part of the housing...looks great, works great..now if you want it to work like the 93-96 camaros dont listen to anything I said ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X