Keep or take off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep or take off?

On the side of my 95 Firebird there is a trim piece that goes down the side of the car between the tires. To all those Firebird people you know what I am talking about. Since I have a white car and since it is beginning to turn a little yellow, I am debating on whether or not to take it off. It would be a days job, I am fine with that, but I just want to know how it will look when I am done with it. If anyone has any pictures please tell me. Thanks.

Here's a picture of my car to show you what I am talking about.

Thanks again.
    Travis
    1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

You mean that trim that runs along the door right? Well, i personally like it on there but if yours is yellowing, then take it off if its that bad.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

It doesnt take any time at all to take it off. I pulled it off my camaro in about an hour. The longest part is cleaning all the excess glue off the sides of the car. As for doing it on a firebird I dunno... I kinda think it helps with the lines of the car. I think someone on this board took theirs off. They had picks, you might try searching for "removing side moldings".
      <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

I like it without the side molding. I am going to take mine off.
        If your paint is faded though, you will have a bright strip of paint where the molding came off which came look worse sometimes...
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

Yeah the door trim, it's yellowing alittle and I am trying to keep it as white as I can by using either Clorox bleech or something along that line that has bleech or whitener in it.

Travis
          1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Comment

take them off. i did, and i think it looks much cleaner.
            2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

Originally posted by tbird31:
              Thanks for the replys.

Yeah the door trim, it's yellowing alittle and I am trying to keep it as white as I can by using either Clorox bleech or something along that line that has bleech or whitener in it.

Travis
              that side molding is painted. i cannot imagine that putting bleach on paint would be good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I have the same problem... you just have to put a lot of pressure on it when you wash it, really scrub it good... it will turn white again.
                \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Without the molding the car has much cleaner lines in my opinion

Comment

Use Turtle Wax (the green stuff) on your trim. It gets the yellow out on my car's trim. It turns them back to white.
                    2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

i like the !molding look

i drive in crappy parking lots, so i keep mine on.

when its retired to a weekend car, it will get them removed.

Ryan
                      1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X