? about using windex on polished aluminum wheels. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? about using windex on polished aluminum wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about using windex on polished aluminum wheels.

Hey guys, I clean my wheels off a few times a week with windex when I get the chance. I been doing this for a long time and there probably isn't any side effect, but I was wondering if the ammonia from the windex can harm it in anyway after using it on them along time.

Originally posted by Ted:
    Hey guys, I clean my wheels off a few times a week with windex when I get the chance. I been doing this for a long time and there probably isn't any side effect, but I was wondering if the ammonia from the windex can harm it in anyway after using it on them along time.
    I'm pretty interested in this question, too. I've got the polished aluminum torque thrust IIs...
    Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by RancidCamaro:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ted:
      I'm pretty interested in this question, too. I've got the polished aluminum torque thrust IIs... </font>[/QUOTE]I clean my CHROME rims with window cleaner...works fine and no damage...besides taking everything off...including wax(maybee)...I dont see anything wrong with it...if you want to be safe use window cleaner safe for tinted windows(no ammonia) normally comes in aerosol cans, foams up, little bit of soap in some of them, no streak, great shine, works great ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I'll try that out, thanks a lot for the advise nikon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          1 day ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X