Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra switch inside?

Hey I have a question.

I had the inside of the camaro apart this weekend and I noticed that next to the switch for the fog lights, there's another cable that isn't connected to anything. There's a spot for a switch, but there's nother there. Just a blank filler.

Does anyone know what this cable goes to? The switch for the fog lights has a gray end on it, while this one has a black one.

If needed, I can take pictures to show what I mean.

Thanks
    97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

The block off plate is for the traction control button on some Camaro models. There are two kinds of buttons:

ASR (Automatic Slip Regulation)

or

Second Gear Start Button (for V6 Automatics without ASR).

My guess is that there were certain options that GM decided to install the harnesses for whether they were used or not.

Comment

Ahh ok, so the harness is there but the option isn't.

It's probably cheaper to make one big harness with both switches ready than to make 2 different ones.
      97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

Comment

I honestly don't know what the reasoning is. I know that there are other harnesses on my car that don't plug into anything such as a harness I have in my trunk under the spare tire cover. I am assuming that it is either for the monsoon system or a power antenna although my car originally never came with it.

Comment

its alot easier aqnd cheaper to make one harness and delete options from there than the other way around. [img]smile.gif[/img] fenderman is correct about the switch though. i have ASR but no foglights [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X