Car got egged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car got egged

I went out this morning earlier than ususal because I had to go take a test and when I opened the garage I noticed something all over the passenger side door. There was egg all over. :mad:

I used warm water and soap to get it off the door and the hood, but there's one of those circle things where the egg hit. Is there a way to fix the paint? It etched through the paint and stands out being that it's white on a black car.

It looks like it was one egg, but it's scattered in different places. It's on the door and hood, but not the fender. The only place on the hood was a 1/4" wide two foot long strip on the second line on the hood where it ran down like a channel. There was some shell trapped under the mirror too.

This is really getting annoying. Someone opened their door into the side of my bumper a week ago and left a white scuff that I was able to wash off and buff out. I know which car it was, but it was someone in the back seat. Now this happens. I managed to go eight months without anything happening to the car until last week. :mad:
    <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 02PewterBird:
    there's one of those circle things where the egg hit. Is there a way to fix the paint? <hr></blockquote>

that circle thing is the clear coat the cracked. Same thing happened to my friends candy blue suburban thing got egged like with 20 eggs.

We tried just about every product at Auto Zone to get those marks out, but nothing helped.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 02PewterBird:
      I went out this morning earlier than ususal because I had to go take a test and when I opened the garage I noticed something all over the passenger side door.
      <hr></blockquote>

How did they egg your car if it was in the garage? Maybe your dad did it..

If it's the clearcoat that is cracked, couldn't you just buff it out?
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

I mean I could see it from a distance. The car was parked in front of my house and I went out through the garage.

The paint is cracked further than the clearcoat. It's a bunch of white pits.
        <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

sounds like youre going to need to get that area touched up.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

That sucks man! Uh oh- better NOT get Maaco ;)

I'd take it to a good bodyshop and have them sand the areas out and redo it.

Good luck!
            <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

yea, im just wonderin how the FUC|&lt; your car got egged in your garage

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
                yea, im just wonderin how the FUC|&lt; your car got egged in your garage<hr></blockquote>

hes saying he opened his garage and saw it outside...

[ October 14, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Are there any places that list body shops that are good or approved by something or whatever? The closest we've ever come to body repair is when the truck got backed into and Dentpro took it out.

My uncle's fiancee is an estimator at a body shop in the Bay Area and might be coming to visit sometime soon. I might wait to see what she says.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    2 days ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X