How dark is too dark?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dark is too dark?......

I live in ga where the legal limit you can tint your windows is 35%. I wanted to know if 35% is really dark enough or if I should try and go with something more like 25%. And if i got something around 25% would is be noticably dark? Pictures of everyones car and what tint they have would be great!

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: Silver_Bullit ]</p>

help please..........

Comment

IMO, 35% isnt really dark at all. 25% isnt either. I have 5% all the way around, and I like it. It is v. dark, but hey, it looks good. 15% looks good too, and is a bit lighter.

laws according to state (some canadian provinces too)

I cant find any pics of actual window tint right now, and am very tired so ill look tomorrow. Hope this helps.

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: cixelsyD21 ]</p>

Comment

5% looks pretty dark, but looks nice if your car is black too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

35% is like having dirty windows. I had 30ish% on my 86 firebird and you could tell theres some color but thats it. Now I have 5% and I love it, but it's a pain some times. Kinda hard to see some stuff at night. You should be ok with 5% unless a cop wants to be a prick (I got a $75 fine the other day for my tint cause the cop wanted to be a prick) But unless the cop really wants to get you on something you shouldn't have any problems with something like 20% maybe even darker. But you can't beat the look of limo :D
          1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

I have around 28% on the sides and 15% in the rear - Its plenty dark.

Darker is better, but no tint is FAR FAR worse than some tint.

Granted, 35% isnt very dark looking, it does help a ton with the heat and looks pretty nice if you go with SolarGard or 3M - Dont buy Lumnar.

If you're going to go illegal dark, I would recommend no lower than 20% - cops will definetly get you if you do that! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

i have 2% all the way around and you really cannot see in the car. period. but 35% is the legal limit but that is almost like none at all. i like mine because they look BLACK. it really sets off your car. just be careful backing up at nighttime [img]smile.gif[/img] . but i did get a ticket 2 yrs ago. it was $130!! depends on what you want. i dont think a body shop will do it darker than the legal limit, so you may have to do it yourself. also, you cant get an inspection sticker if it is too dark. good luck
              green 97 camaro<br />cowl hood<br />chrome z28 5 * rims<br />grille tech front grill<br />rk sport spoiler<br />flowmasters & 3\" tips<br />K&N intake<br />600 watt fosgate w/ 2 fosgate 12\'s<br />limo tint

Comment

I just got a ticket the other day for tinted windows. $34.50. It was pretty dumb because the legal limit is 70%. Mine are around 50% (or so the cop estimated without even testing them) and the cop didn't even give me a warning. I can see if I was the one that tinted them, but they were done out of state by the previous owner. What really made me mad was when he said "If I see ya later tonight, I'm not gonna pull you over... but he might [pointing to goofball beside him]" Oh well, I'm lookin to get a note from my eye doctor so I don't have to deal with 'em anymore.
                Tyler<br />Honeycomb tail lights, Taylor 8 mm ignition wires<br />Audio - Pioneer DEHP9300, Sony Xplod 6.5s, JL Audio 15W6

Comment

I HAVE 15% ON THE SIDES AND 5% ON THE BACK,AND I WANT TO GO GET 5 ON THE SIDES,CAUSE IN THE DAYTIME YOU CAN SEE IN, A LITTLE, AND AT NIGHT, UNDER A LIGHT, YOU CAN SEE STRAIGHT THROUGH, SO IF YOU ARE GOIN ILLEGAL, GO ALL OUT AND GET LIMO, ANYTHING ELSE, AND YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY. COPS ARE USUALLY PRETTY LENIENT, JUST MAKE SURE YOU ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW WHEN YOU PULL UP NEXT TO ONE, OR SEE ONE SITTIN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.
                  95 3.4 A4<br />Quasar Blue<br />Flowmaster 80 series<br />K&N Intake<br />5% Limo Tint all the way around<br />Blackouts on the rear and front turn signals<br />RF Head Unit<br />1 12\' RF sub JL 500/1 Amp

Comment

I have 5% all the way around, cops dont bother me [img]smile.gif[/img] .. I pull up next to them at the lights (i know they cant see in the car) and they just glace over and keep on driving... its kind of a "give me a reason" ticket.. If your acting like an *** or speeding they may ticket you for the tint, but i doubt most police officers are really going to pull you over JUST for the tint.
                    2002 Maple Red Firebird V6<br />3.73 w/ LSD | Pro-5.0 Shifter | Fan Switch | Tach w/ Shiftlite | Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge | Bilstein Shocks & 1LE Springs | 1LE 32mm Bar & Poly Bushings, Poly Tranny Mount and Torque Arm Bushing | BMR LCA\'s | Catco 3\" Cat w/ Edlebrock 5509 Muffler, (all 3\") | Corbeau A4 Seats (Pair) |<p><a href=\"http://forums.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.fakeleg.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://cv6.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://cv6.fakeleg.com</a> - Part & Repair Manuals and write-ups.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X