clear coat polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear coat polish?

Anyone know of a good polish to use to fix messed up clear coat?
    Black 96 Z/28, A4, T-tops, tint, 2.73 LSD, Kenwood.<br /><br />Previous Camaro: Bright white 86 Camaro, MPI 2.8 A4 3.42, tint, Z-28 wheels, a few goodies.

Define "messed up"...?

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

you mean your clear coat peeled?

Comment

www.ZainoBros.com
        2002 Camaro SS, 6 speed, SLP Loudmouth, TR 224/224 Camshaft(valvetrain upgraded), Pro 5.0 shifter / Hurst classic black knob.

Comment

I hear Liquid Glass does one hell of a job as well. Some are saying it is better and cheaper than Zaino.
          2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

its not better than Zaino, enough said...go look at the Guru Reports, Zaino finished 1st against 46 or 47 other waxes and polishes...
            <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

zanio's is sick. ive seen it in person, ive used it. its plain sick.

the absolute best, hands down.

Comment

[homer simpson]mmmm..... Zaino..... ahhuhh*drool*[/homer simpson]
                -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

why wouldn't be good for that price :rolleyes:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
                    zanio's is sick. ive seen it in person, ive used it. its plain sick.

the absolute best, hands down.
                    <hr></blockquote>

Okay, you got me! I just ordered $50 worth of Zaino stuff. I hope it turns out as good as everyone says it does... ;)

-Marc
                    sigpic

Comment

just make sure you follow the directions. and DONT USE TOO MUCH! you use VERY little of it.....

if you set a day aside in the shade, i garuntee that by the time you are done, you will just stare at it in amazement...

Comment

Hopefully this fixes your problem. Zaino is a good product. However, if the clear has started to peel away from the base coat and the base color under is starting to oxidize. (the fadeded color look) Then the only true way to fix this is to re-paint.

Now if "messed up" means the clear has some slight stratches you can usually wet sand those out because the manufacturers put like 8 layers of clear.

Also if the Zaino does the trick. Then you might want to check into getting the car re-clear coated.

Hope that helps.

;)
                        Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

well its on the painted door trim on the cavalier, the paint is fine but the clear coat is all shot up and rough looking. Its kind of hard to explain, half is shinny, half is dull lol. I know the local Zaino distributor, Ill give her a call.
                          Black 96 Z/28, A4, T-tops, tint, 2.73 LSD, Kenwood.<br /><br />Previous Camaro: Bright white 86 Camaro, MPI 2.8 A4 3.42, tint, Z-28 wheels, a few goodies.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JAM:
                            Hopefully this fixes your problem. Zaino is a good product. However, if the clear has started to peel away from the base coat and the base color under is starting to oxidize. (the fadeded color look) Then the only true way to fix this is to re-paint.

Now if "messed up" means the clear has some slight stratches you can usually wet sand those out because the manufacturers put like 8 layers of clear.

Also if the Zaino does the trick. Then you might want to check into getting the car re-clear coated.

Hope that helps.

;)
                            <hr></blockquote>

I am thinking most of it will need re painting, but the paint is not oxidizing or anything yet, if I can get all the scratches out and have the paint on the body looking nice then I might just have it re painted, if not I will touch it up as good as I can and then say screw it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X