speaker painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker painting

Alright I'm having trouble getting all this speaker cloth off the back of my speakers. Does anyone know of an efficient way to get it off. And after I'm done painting do I need to get more and put it on? I got all of it off of one of my front door speakers but it took forever and I ended up doing it with tweesers and a screwdriver.
    NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Tell me about it,
    It took me and three of my friends
    two hours to get all that stuff off.
    but it was worth it the speakers look
    really good painted.
    White 1998 Firebird<br />Aero Sports Appearance Package<br />T-tops, Monsoon sound<br />Custom Interior paint job<br />6in LCD Screen on dash with Playstation, and Rearview camera in the trunk keyhole slot.<br />Custom Aero chrome rims.<br />Interior neon lights<br />K&N Air Filter<br />Blue lights in side grills.<br />Custom decals, including the bird on the hood.<br />Painted brakes.<br />20% tint all around.

Comment

Yeah it took me about 2-3 hrs just to get all that crap off of 2 speakers and they look really bad *** in my car. I'm really pleased with them. Hell my freakin mom even said they were badass. I'm trying to convince her to let me paint some other interior items too :cool:
      NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

Isopropyl alcohol works wonders.

-Brian
        Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

I have a Red 95 Bird with a grey interior. I would like to paint all of the speaker panels red. What type of paint works best (can I use spray can paint, if so what brand)? Also, what prep should I do to the panels (cleaning) prior to applying the paint?

Someone e-mail me the info.
          Tanya
          TANYA<br />RED 95 Bird, 3.4, 3.23 rear, pacesetter exhaust,Cold Air intake, Eagle GS-C \"Z\" rated tires, Eibach Springs, Honey Comb lights (more to come!)

Comment

man i wish i had known that about using isopropyl alcohol because it took my lil bro and i about 3hrs also damn that stuff sux... oh well looks good... as for prepping i just wipped off the dust and stuff then sprayed about 3 coats i think maybe 4 i dont remember...

merlin
            2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

I painted my Door Handle covers & Side window vents so far. I used Truck, SUV, & Van Paint.(RED) gave them like 3-4 coats, then used clear coat for protectant, and it makes them look more nice since it adds that glossy look to them, I plan to do my speaker covers next tho.
              -Nick
              ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

Comment

I don't understand everyone always says that taking the speakers off is so hard? I don't understand what was hard about taking them off? I had all 6 covers even my tweeters covers off in about 30 minutes... I have a spray gun thow becuase my dads pants cars so I used his sprayer... I don't mean to sound like I am bragging I just wondering why it took so long... [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Comment

Did you take all the speaker cloth off of the back? Thats why it took so long not necessarily the painting. The speaker cloth was a pain in the *** to take off.
                  NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

Ok so the isopropyl alcohol did not help hardly at all. any other suggestions? Now I'm resorting to just ripping it all off with tweezers. Which is a pain in the *** and it takes forever.
                    NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X