A4 shift adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 shift adapter

Alright I ran across a corvette website and checked it out and they had a shift adapter that fits on an automatic transmission that enables u to put a manual shift knob on. Does anyone have one of these or know anything about it? o and how hard is it to put a shift boot on an auto?
    NO NOTHING CAR FAN

I just put one on my car last weekend, piece of cake!!! But you'll have to cut your shifter down a bit otherwise it will be too tall.

Comment

I know this is a stupid question but what did u use to cut it with?
      NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

a saw maybe? hehe [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Has anyone ever put a shift boot on an automatic. I know that corvettes have them but i would like to do it to my bird is it possible?
          NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sste31:
            Has anyone ever put a shift boot on an automatic. I know that corvettes have them but i would like to do it to my bird is it possible?<hr></blockquote>
            you could find a wrecked f-body w/ a stick and take its center console
            But if ya want the look of a stick why didn't ya.......

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: wolf ]</p>
            Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

I used a dremel to cut the metal and becareful not to cut the white pastic in the middle. After you cut the metal, I cut 1 1/2 inches off and then trim off the necssary amout of the white deal. I know it is possible to put a shift boot on but i heard it's a pain in the *** , alot of custom work. But i'll be trying later this summer.

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: White 97 RS ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Has anyone ever put a shift boot on an automatic. I know that corvettes have them but i would like to do it to my bird is it possible?<hr></blockquote>
                I put a shifter boot on mine a while back. Someone on this board was making them at one time, but I'm not sure what I did with his email adress, which I know doesn't help much, but it is possible. Here is a pic...
                2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

RdBrd83's shifter looks worse than the stock one. That big ol dangly thing on the side. I like the stock one its not that bad. [img]smile.gif[/img] Theres my 2 cents
                  <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

thats the stock firebird shifter, its differnt from our camaro stock shifters
                    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fusion:
                      RdBrd83's shifter looks worse than the stock one. That big ol dangly thing on the side. I like the stock one its not that bad. [img]smile.gif[/img] Theres my 2 cents<hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes: lol thats the firebird shifter
                      <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

Well I'd have to agree that the shifter handle is ugly, but that's Pontiacs fault. [img]smile.gif[/img] The pic was to show that you can put a leather boot on it, instead of just having the exposed metal bar.
                        2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

there is a company, I posted it here before, that makes A4 knobs look like corvette's, and anyone that works on a 'vette will work, they look so bad *** , I'm gonna get one real quick, they just came out like 4 months ago, search the appearance forum for like auto shift boot or knob or something like that, it has been posted before.
                          2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                          Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

I ditched my t handle push button firebird shifter in favor of a leather push button c4 vette handle.
                            Take a look in my sig and you can see a pic I think
                            All I did was remove the staple in front of the handle, pull the shifter handle up, push the new one on and stick that staple back in
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

what is the webaddress for the site to purchase this item. I must agree that the firebird auto shifter handle looks like Sh!t

Thanks
                              Micheal
                              1999 A4 Black Firebird<br />17 x 9.5 ROH ZS Wheels powdercoated Black<br />Wings West Front GFX, Y87 Sides and Rear<br />2000 SS leather Seats<br />Alpine HU, Kicker Mids and Highs Diamond 12\" subs, JBL600.1 amp, Epicenter<p>\"All Show, NO GO\" :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X