Mudd flaps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudd flaps??

First would you put them on a white Firebird ( I guess they come black??) if you were not going to be able to paint them for a while??
    Second my dealer said he would have NO idea were to get them but all he colud sell me is the Ground efects kit for $1600.00 yea thats going to happen real soon. were could I by a set of Mudd flaps.

gonna go off roading soon?
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

Now now be nice....today I saw a Black Fire bird 96-97 no gfx with mudd flaps and thught it did not look to bad,I hate the way dirt and muck gets all over the back of the back bummper and doors.
      this was just a thought.
      any better idea I wonderfull...But the back car I saw today did not look bad at all.
      My car is white and I Dont like the way dirt shows up so eazy!!!

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: Graham ]

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: Graham ]</p>

Comment

My cousin has flaps on his 2000 Firebird W68...they look nice, and say "Firebird" on them. They don't have that hick look [img]smile.gif[/img]
        --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

I got them on my bird....here they are
          http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/zzzcar6.jpg

http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/zzzz20.jpg

http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/zzzz21.jpg

http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/zzzz23.jpg

I bought the car with them on, i imagine you can get them at a dealership.
          99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

Comment

My Pontiac dealer said no....and he could give me no advice....just like GM....?

Comment

try ebay? a junkyard? maybe gmpartsdirect???? maybe a different pontiac dealership?

allthough, honestly i think mudflaps take away a lot from the look of our cars.

and oh yeah... 1600 for a gfx kit?? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] dealerships are funny sometimes.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Thanks guys.

And is my A** on fire yet? :eek:

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: Graham ]

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: Graham ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sam r.:

You can also get a set of those awesome looking curbside detectors while you're there. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] :D

]
                  <hr></blockquote>

you know... ive seen those on a camaro before. It was a 98+ all black. Factory gfx. Stock exhaust. TT II's. Chrome fender flares. And yes, of course, curb scrapers. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99firebirdconv.:
                    [QB]I got them on my bird....here they are
                    QB]<hr></blockquote>

I never thought id say this, but they dont look all that bad on there. they are pretty small and not that noticeable. Although there would have to be a really good reason to run these, like driving on gravel a whole lot that would potentially mess up the paint.

Cp

Comment

I have Splash Guards on my camaro, and I'm very happy with them. I don't think they look dumb, and acutaly are't really even that noticeable. I live in a a rural area, where there is often mud and dirt on the roads. These help the car from getting trashed QUITE so quick when it rains.

I've put a pic in the post to let you guys check them out.

I take a better close up pic of them for ya tomm.

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Distephano ]

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Distephano ]</p>
                      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Oh yeah, I bought them at my local GM dealer, for $10 a pair, plus tax.

I really wasn't looking for them, I just happened to be in there one day, I don't even remember why, and they had them hanging on the wall behind the counter. I just kinda bought them on a whim.
                        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Thanks guys ....I think on darker cars it look ok if you need them, But I still dont think on my white car it will work.

P.s. Distephano Your car looks GREAT!!!!
                          Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X