touch up job pissing me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touch up job pissing me off

i am touching up the rust spots on my car and i had the color mixed to match my car. that is not the problem tho. everything else is going fine, the sanding, and painting.... up to the clear coat that is. it looks fine and dandy at first, but a couple hours later after its all dry (i'm assuming its dry) it has a ****ing yellowish tint to it, this may be my fault since my hands had some rust **** on them but i dont remember touching it that much where it would be the WHOLE area...i thikn its the clear coat, maybe i'm putting to much on, or too much on at one time, i dont ****ing know, all i know is i'mgetting focking pissed off at this ****. WHY IS IT TURNING A YELLOWISH COLOR, it didn't do it in other spots just seems to be this one, huge spot
    White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

i had that problem before too... i had bought the cheap plasticote brand clear from wallmart. it had a yellowish tint to it. try the duplicolor clear/topcoat. it worked much better... no yellow

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
      try the duplicolor clear/topcoat. it worked much better... no yellow<hr></blockquote>

it is duplicolor, after i noticed the yellowish tint the first time i touched it up by spraying some more paint of it and it was fine for a whole day (the first one was only a couple hours) and then like a day and a half later it had a yellowish tint again (and still does since i haven't had time to fix it)
      White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X