ultimate shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultimate shine

when using an orbital buffer, do you get better results by using the synthetic wool bonnet over the terry cloth bonnet when taking off the wax?
    thanks,
    burtcam, 94 camaro

Terry cloth, always use cotton.

Wool is only good for scratching the paint, and if you know how to use it properly you can remove a lot of scratches out of your paint with it. However, for shine, use cotton and only cotton.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

And make sure its actually cotton and not some blend. Most times a "cotton" bonnet will contain polyester or some other synthetic. These will scratch as well. You can do a burn test to make sure. If the cottom burns clean with a white or light gray smoke, then it is pure. If there is any black smoke, it probably has some other stuff mixed with it.

Comment

Actually,

Try using a foam pad [img]smile.gif[/img] It applies the wax much more evenly

- I got that tip from Bill at Mach Performance. I told him i was going to get my car repainted and he showed me the shine from doing this and it is great. You may want to get your hands on some proffesional waxes though...
        - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Comment

Foam is wonderful, I agree!
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X