anyone done the interor lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone done the interor lighting?

has anyone got any info on the interior lighting? im looking for the bulbs but in color...red or black light. any specs or website? thanks?

anywhere in dallas sell them?
    98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

You can buy the bulbs at any local Auto Parts store. The lights can be found at any local Car Audio shop, it's not that difficult to find them.

This really belong in the Apperance forum, though.
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

well i didnt change the bulbs, i just took the ilght covers off and spray painted them with about 3 coats of fire red paint from wal-mart and it looks bada$$ just an idea...

merlin
      2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

I took the rubberized coatings of the ac knobs and the knob itself is clear, i was kinda looking for some clear lights to, it would look good with some blue lights shining through there
        98 Gold 3.8L W/ Whisper Lid, Holley power shot, Flowmaster with SLP Quad Exhaust

Comment

so what kind of paint did you use? and the heat of the bulb wont ruin the paint?
          98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

Comment

Just go to autozone, I went there and got a pack of 2 red bulbs for like $1.20. To change your dash lights you only need 7, 19 if you want to change everything. It takes some time to do but it's well worth it.
            <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Maniac:
              Just go to autozone, I went there and got a pack of 2 red bulbs for like $1.20. To change your dash lights you only need 7, 19 if you want to change everything. It takes some time to do but it's well worth it.<hr></blockquote>

I'd like to know how you changed the bulbs in the dash? How did you take out the bulbs from those little black assemblies? I heard that both 161 and 194 will fit? Last time I tried removing those bulbs from the assemblies they seemed to be stuck. If I only knew they were removable. :mad: I guess I'll take the dash apart once more.

Comment

i dont wanna change out the dash lights. just the dome and the map lights. i found some bulbs but smoke started to come out after about 30 second of them being on so i took them out looked at them and saw that the paint was burning off. i got these at autozone. man what a bummer! does APC have a website? [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

Dom- You have to take the black cover off the back of the guages so that you can twist the lights counter clockwise. Only 7 of them will be the lights that actually show, the others are all things like turn signals, ses lights, bright light indicators etc. You can tell which ones are the ones you need to replace they will shine brighter than the others. To actually get the bulbs out of the sockets you have to just stick a screwdriver inside and "break" them out. The metal pieces connecting the bulbs to their sockets are actually "wielded" onto the metal, that's why you have to break them. (Unless you want a million itchy little cuts on your hands like me I suggest you use gloves on that part). When you put the new ones in you have to bend the little metal wires to the sides of the bulb so that it will make a connection with the socket. The bulb sizes you need are 194r's for red. I didn't see any other colors other than clear and red so if you want a different color you will have to order it. Good luck to you, it's well worth it when it's done. I converted the dome light and lights in the mirrors to red too, at night when I turn all the lights on in my car it's blood red and looks really sweet. ;)
                  Good luck
                  <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Kal- APC does have a website (just search for American Products Company) but they don't have little things like replacement bulbs on their website. Their website consists of mostly things for civics and lots of pictures of riced out everything you can think of. The multi-pack I bought were called "Mood Bulbs" and it came with one long light (those fit the dome and map lights) two 194 lights, and one light that won't go to anything in our cars ;P . 4 packs will cover everything you need unless you just want to change the map/dome lights in which case they had some 2 packs of those style lights. Just take one of your lights out and bring it in to pep boys or something, they can match it to one that will work since GM uses wierd non-standard lights ;P. G'luck to you

Comment

i just went to a DJ store and bought some filter for lights and made a cut out and put it in. Looks good and was easy to do
                      Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

i found the bulb in red but they were for 211-2 not 212-2 &lt;--thats what i need. i brought the 211-2 and they looked awsome but then after 30 seconds smoke started to come out from them, i took the bulbs out and after screaming from my hand being burt i looked at the bulbs and saw that the paint was burning off! man APC makes some cheap *** ****! so what product is that maniac? who makes it? right now i have a black light in my car so when im crusing down the raod it looks badd A$$ in my ride. but i still want the red ones. can i sne doyu some cash and can you pick some up for me and send them my way?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X