Power Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Windows

I want to know how hard it would be to replace my manual windows with power ones?
    Slp Hood, Raised Airbox, K&N Airfilter, 80 Series Flowmaster, Chrome 3in slash cut tips, 2% Limo Tint,Panasonic Head Unit, JL 6.5\'s in the doors, JL tweeters on the dash. Kick panels with JL 5.25 csi componet set. 2 JL12W3\'s in a probox. A JL 300/2 amp for the mids and high\'s, and a JL 500/1 for the BOTTOM. Xstatic Batcap 400(=200 farad). 18x8.5 chrome Zenetti Vegas, 245/40ZR18 Avon ZZ1\'s all the way around.

Me to, it's pretty freekin annoying leaning all the way across the car to row the window down when one of your buddies pulls up to the other side of your car to yell something stupid at you. I've thought of doing this to and I would assume it would be easiest to just find power doors off a camaro/firebird from a junk yard and either have them painted or move parts from one to the other.

[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: V6Maniac ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

If you just switch the doors, wouldn't you have to run the wires to the fuse box? Hard or not?
      Slp Hood, Raised Airbox, K&N Airfilter, 80 Series Flowmaster, Chrome 3in slash cut tips, 2% Limo Tint,Panasonic Head Unit, JL 6.5\'s in the doors, JL tweeters on the dash. Kick panels with JL 5.25 csi componet set. 2 JL12W3\'s in a probox. A JL 300/2 amp for the mids and high\'s, and a JL 500/1 for the BOTTOM. Xstatic Batcap 400(=200 farad). 18x8.5 chrome Zenetti Vegas, 245/40ZR18 Avon ZZ1\'s all the way around.

Comment

just go to a wrecking yard and buy the parts.

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=1&t=005173&p=
          Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

I tackled this project last summer. I looked around at every junk yard around here and couldn't find a 4th gen f-body in ANY of them. So I called up the Chevy dealership and talked to the parts guy and said that I wanted to put power windows and door locks in my car and he referred me to a company near me that did it. It costs about 440 bucks I think for both power locks and windows with a warranty. See if you guys can do the same.
            ---<br />-\'95 3.4L M5 Camaro

Comment

my car had manual, but when i got my car used the car was already installed with aftermarket ones, its slow, but better than manuals [img]tongue.gif[/img] i dunno how hard it would be tho

Comment

I must be the only one here that hates power windows :rolleyes:
                Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

then sell me your doors, i hate manual, i have to take off my seat belt to lean a 1/4 mile to lower the window, i have someone that will do it for 300$ is that good.

Comment

StockV6, what was the name of that company?

Comment

StockV6, what was the name of that company?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X