Door molding, heading out the door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door molding, heading out the door

The door molding on the underside of the driver side door has started to come loose..
    Should I replace it (looks as if its just glued on.) or is there some way to reattach it for good? This is the one that brushes up to the rocker panel(very hard to see).

i had a similar problem with my gfx. I got some "3M super weather strip adhesive" from a local mom and pop auto parts store and its worked great.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I agree with Loochy, I have to do that to the molding near my trunk, it just comes loose a little bit once in awhile, no biggie. However, on my 1997 Intrepid Sport, the molding sealing the back doors came entirely loose, and I used the adhesive glue that Loochy is talking about (or a similar product) and it worked fairly well, and I'd imagine it'd work better for that area on a Firebird...
      Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        2 days ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X