best thing for just being keyed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best thing for just being keyed?

just got done at the car wash and found that someone keyed my car on the passenger side. all the way from the front fender to the end of the door. PISSED ME OFF!!! so what should i do? i was saving up for a supercharger, but now i think ill have to dig into that fund to get the doof repaired. its so deep it goes all the way down through the paint to the actual door. any suggestions?
    2001 camaro v6 red convertable<br /> ggotta go fast... I GGOTTTA GO FFAST! CCANT HEELP MMMYYSSELLLF<br />pics:<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/darkthoughts5000\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/darkthoughts5000</a>

its pitiful the things people do to nice cars. See if your insurance will cover it under vandilism. Theres really not much you can do yourself if its all the way through the paint.

[ July 04, 2003: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Like I said in some other post somewhere on this board, someone keyed the hell out of the side of my car near the gastank. Fortunately the rest of my car looks good enough to take attention away from it so you don't even notice it, but it looks pretty bad, and it's all the way through. Like I said in that other post, people will always be jealous of F-bodies, simply because they look so much different and attract more attention than everything else. It's a pretty sad thing, but in the end they're the ones who lose, because they'll never have a car like ours. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] But anyway, the bad news is, the guy at my body shop said that for something that deep, there's nothing you can do. Simply trying to fill it in and painting it over could cause much more problems and it could come out looking a lot worse than it did before. He said the only way to go is to strip the entire pannel and repaint it. Yeah, it sucks, but that's why that scratch has been there for quite a few months now, is because I'll live with it before I get the entire pannel redone. Sorry for the bad news, but good luck with trying to get it fixed.
      \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

Comment

wouldn't they be able to just sand down that part,repaint it, and blend it in with everything around it instead of doing the entire pannel?

Comment

man thats a ton of ****..why do you people do **** like that...if it makes them feel bigger by destroying someone elses property, thats sad..i will never understand some people in this world.
          1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera(The White Devil)3.3L V6 (gone)<br />New Car:2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 (The White Bull)

Comment

sorry to hear that sh** happened to you! if only you had the chance to know whoever did that to your car... it sucks that people can be so ignorant and &*() :mad:
            \'96 dark green V6 Firebird<br />Y87 Performance package<br />front license plate with silver firebird insignia<br />alpine CD deck<br />T-top<br />Tinted windows @ 27%<br />low mileage (just broke 45000 not long ago!)<br /><br />waiting for first performance mod :)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that about your car. That sucks that there is always sombody out there that has NO regard for other people cars. My car took a hit awhile back. Someone scratched a huge F in the hood of the car. I took it somewhere to have it fixed and they told me the same thing . They said that they would have to redo the whole hood. If you happen to find a better way let me know. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
              To spray or not to spray is never the question.

Comment

well, gonna have the bodyshop fix it. they told me it was so deep, the panels have to be replaced. gonna cost $780, but i only have to pay $250. still sux though, i wish i could find out who did it. they would have a hostital bill 5 times as much as its gonna cost to fix my car. :mad:
                2001 camaro v6 red convertable<br /> ggotta go fast... I GGOTTTA GO FFAST! CCANT HEELP MMMYYSSELLLF<br />pics:<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/darkthoughts5000\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/darkthoughts5000</a>

Comment

The panel "has to be replaced"? Sorry, but that's just rediculous... My ground effects, as well as my hood, has some chips in them from shipping, and they just filled them in. I'm not sure if the panel you're talking about is fiberglass or what, but it's impossible for it to be so deep that it would have to be replaced. Anything short of a dent can be filled in most of the time, especially something as minor as a scratch from a key. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see why it would need to be replaced...
                  \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

Comment

I think they are yankin your chain about the whole panel having to be replaced, I think the other guys are right where it just has to be completely re-done, but not replaced. But, I think the actual job of stripping entirely and repainting might be around the price you're paying (250 bucks). Price quotes anyone? I don't want an F-Body owner getting screwed here. By the way, how come you only have to pay 250? A special "deal" they're giving you or something?
                    Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

this off topic but "darkthoughts500" can you please post pics of your car im really curious to see what your car looks like, mine is a little similar and i just wanted some ideas
                      1995 Firebird (3.4) <br />Eagle 18\" 077<br />Flowmaster 80 (2.75\") series exhaust<br />2.5\" Car Sound Cat<br />K&N Cold Air Intake <br />Alpine 12\" Type E Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Amp<br />Pinoeer deh4400 and Aftermarket Speakers<br /> <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird</a>

Comment

some townies at school did this to my car and a few others...
                        it was 1400 bucks in damage - had to be professionally repainted and all that.

I decided to leave it, and just run the car into the ground and get rid of it then.
                        Thats cuz mine is a lot older
                        yours it would definitely be worth it to just pay the deductible and get insurance to pay the rest.

Comment

it's like you can't own anything nice, ya know?

My girlfriend's zx2 is raped with light key marks, and since we live in a apt. complex, and ****ing people let their kids play everywhere, she got a nice, HUGE handlebar raping on her car, went through the paint. and a dent.. she's pissed...
                          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

does no one's insurance cover this? i know mine does... cuz my mom had her car keyed and it was covered under vandalism....

btw, if it's all the way to the metal shouldn't u put something (filler or scratch stuff) just to cover it a bit, so it doesn't rust???
                            i'd be worried about it rusting...
                            <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>fbird: this off topic but "darkthoughts500" can you please post pics of your car im really curious to see what your car looks like, mine is a little similar and i just wanted some ideas <hr></blockquote>
                              ya, man, the pics are in my sig... sorry i took so long.
                              <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>RancidCamaro: By the way, how come you only have to pay 250? A special "deal" they're giving you or something? <hr></blockquote>
                              no, its covered under my insurence. falls under vandalism and theyll fix it no matter what and i just pay $250. never raised my insurence.
                              well, cars fixed and everything. i never found out who did it, but theres a lot of ******s here in topeka... A LOT. but hey, no sweat i guess. i had to take off my side decals but im lookin for some others just like em. i just wish some people would respect other peoples sh*t ya know. oh well, just the crap ill have to deal with ownin an f-bod ya know. some can have one, but few deserve one. i respect other f-bod drivers if they respect me. being a v6 isnt easy with all the z28 and ss, but hey, i run with the best of em. i just hope know one keys my car again (knock on wood).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X