Different interrior/exterior peice pricing/installation - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different interrior/exterior peice pricing/installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different interrior/exterior peice pricing/installation

Hello all! Gosh its been awhile [img]smile.gif[/img] If you read my sig you can see why. Any-a-who, ive been looking for a new car for three weeks and i fould the only 5 speed camaro in Maryland! lol, seems that way anyway. Ok, to my questions:

#1 the console section that houses the ashtray on the 96 camaros; the ashtray itself is busted, the little clippy thing that lets it move up and down is broke on the left side when sitting in the car. is there a fix or do i need a new console section, how much, how to fix

#2 the plexiglass infront of the gauge clusters; has a really odd water type stain, looks like those water drop stains you get when you dont dry your car is on the inside of this plexiglass. how do you get the dash apart to clean this off.

#3 the front ground effect (has RS package); the front part, those little liney things, the 3 vertical inserts, someone must had hit them against a bump or something because they are attached to the bottom of the ground effect, but broken off the top. could i just use plastic glue or the 3M adhesive you use with headlight covers to put it back or do i need a new front ground effect.

thats all i can remember for now, im sure ill come back with more, any help apreciated! thanks!

LONG LIVE THE FBODY!

*spelling errors [img]tongue.gif[/img] *

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: Jason S ]</p>
    1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Hey Jason, I cant answer all your questions but I might can help you with a couple.

#1- Go to www.gmpartsdirect.com, email them and ask for the part # for the piece you need. I dont know if your ashtray is fixable or not. The best thing to do is just take it out and look at it to see if it can be fixed. Mine was busted too so I got a new one from the above site. It was like 6 bucks. I think the shipping cost more than the lid.

#2- I have a 98 camaro and if its the same basic setup as yours there are 2 screws above the plexiglass piece that holds that section on. Take it off and you might have to take off the panel in front of your knees as well. When you get the car just get in it and look, it shouldnt be too hard to find out how it comes off.

Hope this helps you some.
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

thanks for the help, if anyone can tell me if its possible to use plastic glue on the urathane bumper for the front valance that would be a big help

thanks guys!
      1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

i checked GM parts direct and they had nothing under: Console; Ashtray; or Lid so if you can let me know of the part number, or a direct link that would be a HUGE help, thanks again

Comment

Anyone?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X