Has Anyone Ever Used Rain-X Self Dry Spotless Car Wash? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Ever Used Rain-X Self Dry Spotless Car Wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Ever Used Rain-X Self Dry Spotless Car Wash?

I ran out of my Eagle One car wash solution...wasn't too bad of a solution, I guess, I'm still looking for a really good shine out of one with little water spots.

I see it very rarely, but I bought some Rain-X Self-Dry Spot Free Car Wash from ShopKo, figuring that Rain X has a pretty good reputation (works wonders for heavy rain, especailly on the stupid hatchback window, what idiot at Pontiac forgot to put a windshield wiper back there?

Anyways, have any of you guys tried this stuff or are there any washes that you recommend, as this car wash claims it's spot free and you dont have to dry, but that seems unrealistic...
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

i use blue coral wash about once week, which is how often i wash my car. i only have to dry it every other time.
    97 polo metallic green v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tdaddyz\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

I apparently either did something wrong, or am too afraid to admit I'm gullable.

I washed the car with it, and it sud's extremely well, like, more suds than an entire bucket in just one dip.

Anyways, it was amazing, and even when it was drying off, I could see NO water spots.

It was completely dried, and I didn't see little, if any, waterspots, at all.

Then I went to the movies, Charlie's Angels 2 (lots of good cars, and lots of sexy stuff), and I came out, and it looked as if I dumped water on it and let it dry...streaky everywhere...not waterspotted, waterpoured streaks basically.

Maybe I did something wrong, but...I'm a bit sad, I need some new car soap apparently...recommendations?
      Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

You are saying you just washed it, and let it sit?

You need to wash, rinse, and DRY. Use a shammy Cloth. It won't scratch as long as you keep it clean, and rinse it before you use it.

It will only take you like 10-15 minutes to dry it all.

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Distephano ]</p>
        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

I'm aware of that...I always drive it off after I wash it.

This car wash solution is called Rain-X Self-Dry Spotless Car Wash.

It does what its name implies: you can air dry the car and not get water spots...I think I figured out what I did wrong though:

I washed too much of the car at once, and I should've done it panel by panel like the thing recommended. I noticed the streaks are mainly on the panels I didnt wash off quick enough.

Im about to go wash it again, to see if I was wrong or right. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Yeah, I've used the Rain-X car wash product. I have a black car and live in a 'hard water' area. The Rain-X seems to remove the wax job rather quickly and once it does this it seems to work much better (sheeting action rather then spots). I notice the same type of after effect you mention in your post. I guess theres really no replacement for a good clean fluffy cotton towel dry.

HH
            2002 Camaro M5 Black<br />Propane MFS<br />Ravin RA554259 w/3\" SS Tips<br />Powerdyne Supercharger <br />SLP Cold Air Package<br />B&M Sport Shifter (Ripper)<p>She burns sweet & clean, I\'ll tell you what!

Comment

I still have a half a bottle of the stuff sitting in my garage. I used it for a while. I sorta got the same results as blazing firebird. I wouldnt say they were as drastic, but i could still see the waterspots, and i still switched back to the normal stuff i use (blue coral normally).

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X