how to remove the dash pad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove the dash pad!

Ok, I got new gauges and I want to remove my dash pad. Everything is unscrewed but the top part of it does not want to go. how the hell do I take it off?!

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: eDoog ]</p>
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Please... can someone just tell me how to remove the dash pad. I have all the screw out except for 2 on the top that I can't see any possible way to get to.
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

Dash pad...the dash pad is the plastic piece on that sits under the windshield. What dash piece are you talking about.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

nevermind, I already cracked it and gave up [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Comment

oh, and I cracked the dash pad. I couldn't possible take out my gauges w/o removing the entire fron dash and I couldn't get to this one nut w/o removing the dash pad so I got frustrated and tried to lift the dash pad causing a crack in it

Comment

I was going to say dont, but it seems u did the same thing as me =)
            97 Special Edition Bird , Short bus stlye special

Comment

what was I supposed to do to take the damn gauges out anyway?

Comment

I've never been able to take mine off. When I fist attempted it I never could get it off. So I kinda just propped mine up whenever I needed to and used a bunch of tools to get in there as needed. Ultimatley I dropped many screw drivers and ratchets in my ducts that are still there. I'll have to get htem out eventually.

Comment

you guys need to buy a chiltons, it takes you step by step.... you pop the panels that run up along the top of where the door is and there is another panel you take off and the dash comes right off..... you all should buy a chiltons 20.00
                  Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X