Check out my new custom interior mod - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out my new custom interior mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my new custom interior mod

I suppose I'll tell the whole story.....

I had just the one cigarette lighter for a while.... but with my old cell phone I hardly ever needed to charge it, so the radar detector was in the one slot. Well, the connection got loose over time and it'd piss me off cuz the detector would beep on and off and one day I was in a bad mood and I threw a tantrum and ended up breaking the cig lighter out.... of the plastic trim. Well, that was right about the time I got my new cell phone which needs to be charged alot more often, so I bought the tripple lighter thingy and put it where it is in the 2nd pic, and had the rectangle area where the trim and old lighter were open for a while.

I had my rockford punch power bass-boost knob stuck between the seat and the center console for a while, but it would always fall down and it was a pain when I needed to adjust the seat back and forth. The switch seen in the 2nd picture is the in-line swithc to the amp remote wire.. basicly the amp's on/off toggle switch. I had that up under the dash just kinda sticking out there... not looking really pretty.

Well today, I got ambitious and did something about that rectangle hole and the swithc & bass boost knob. I went to the hardware store and got a piece of scrap plexiglass and made some measurements. I cut it to size w/ a bandsaw and a belt sander. I then drilled a hole for the punch bass knob and then used a dremell bit and a drill press to cut the rectangle hole for the switch. I then spray painted it black, and let it dry. Then super-glued the frame for the knob behind the glass and stuck the sticker from the punch bass and put it on the outside of the plexiglass and then stuck the switch in, and glued it into place. Finally, I glued the glass into the rectangle opening on the console and there we have it.

It's so nice. It looks good and has alot of functionality. And the beauty of it is it was a totally free mod. The plexiglass was a remnant scrap that the hardware store gave me cuz it was getting thrown out anyway, and paint & super glue I had laying around the house. I'm just glad my dad has so many tools [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let me know what you all think!

Before:

After:

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: MTMike ]</p>
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

picks don't work man :(
    RedlineVSix

Comment

pics work fine for me?
      looks sweet ;)
      Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Looks cool, I kinda did the same with with that big open area where you have the 3 plug thing. I used plexi-glass, but I wanted the texture to match the dash. So I got a can of spray on bed liner for trucks, and coated the plexi-glass. The texture was perfect.

(I don't have the plexi-glass fastened down in this pic...looks a little junky the way it is in the pic, but I don't have any better one right now.)

<a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X