How Do You Make Spider-Web "Swirls" In Paint Seem Less Pronounced? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Make Spider-Web "Swirls" In Paint Seem Less Pronounced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Make Spider-Web "Swirls" In Paint Seem Less Pronounced?

Ok, I hope someone understands what I'm saying. I have like "swirls" so to say in my paint coat, that look like spider webs (only swirls).

I have a black firebird, and I'm getting irritated with the white specks from my front bumper from rock chips, and now I've got these annoying swirls, which take away from the car up close, to worry about.

Easier, quicker solutions anyone?
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

you dont buy black cars.. acctualy alot of other flat colors will do it.. but black notorious for that..

umm.. besides refinishing it.. you can clean the paint and wax it.. that will deffinatly help..

~Bill

Comment

buy color match paint, put some on a rag, then rub it in fast over the rock chips. it will blend perfectly. it dries fast so if you get some in more areas than you wanted, wet sand it off with 2000 grit then use rubbing compound over where you sanded.

rubbing compound will also remove your swirls.

Comment

buy a buffer and learn to use it :D part of my car is black and it has 4 coats of clear, man on sunny days..... SWIRLS :( buffing helps a ton
        Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Buy Zaino! They will disappear after a few applications. You will only need:

Zaino Car Wash
          Pre-lock
          Z5
          Z6

Also wash the car only with a 100% cotton washcloth or handtowel. Dry the car only with 100% cotton towels. What your washing or drying with can cause more of the swirls. You may also want to get either Clay Magic's clay bar or Mother's Clay bar. If you're not careful and you use a buffer like someone said it will cause more swirls also :( Unless you know what you're doing dont use it.

Trust me....if you do what I suggested the swirls will disappear! I had them on my 94 when I bought it in 99 and after about 5 applications of the Z5 they were non-existant!
          2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

dont use towels to dry you car are you crazy? i use nothing but my leaf blower all the time! ......maybe im alittle crazy, in fact my street does think im crazy
            Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by IThinkImFast:
              dont use towels to dry you car are you crazy? i use nothing but my leaf blower all the time! ......maybe im alittle crazy, in fact my street does think im crazy<hr></blockquote>

Crazy....but deninantly a great method. I use it when I can.
              Cardomain

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by IThinkImFast:
                dont use towels to dry you car are you crazy? i use nothing but my leaf blower all the time! ......maybe im alittle crazy, in fact my street does think im crazy<hr></blockquote>

Shamois anyone? You two are crazy...get a picture of it next time you do it so we can all see! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                2001 Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                  Good to see the site is back up
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                  1 day ago
                • FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X