questions about rims...please help!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions about rims...please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about rims...please help!!!

I may get a set of rims soon. But i have a few questions.

1) Can I get 18 x 9.5 rims on all corners?
    Will there be any rubbing with this size??

2) Do I need a spacer for wheels this big?

3) Which should i go with, Chrome, polished aluminum, or polished aluminum with a clear coat?

4) How much will these wheels throw off my speedometer??

Thanks for all the help.
    1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thabomb180:
    I may get a set of rims soon. But i have a few questions.

1) Can I get 18 x 9.5 rims on all corners?
    Will there be any rubbing with this size??

2) Do I need a spacer for wheels this big?

3) Which should i go with, Chrome, polished aluminum, or polished aluminum with a clear coat?

4) How much will these wheels throw off my speedometer??

Thanks for all the help.
    <hr></blockquote>

depends on what the offset/backspacing is (that is key), if they are the right offset/backspacing you can do it!(with no spacers)
    i would suggest running a 275/35ZR18 tires on them, with that size tire it will not throw the speedo off.

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: TRILOGYZ28 ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/chuckys95\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/chuckys95</a>

Comment

it says +56mm offset.
      Would that be the backspacing?
      Would they fit with no rubbing?
      1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

1) yes, if they are backspaced correctly. you can get a backspacing kit and mount a tire on it to see what backspacing you'd need while using a certain tire.

2) if the rim has too little backspacing, it will need spacers to make it fit. spacers aren't really suggested by many ppl since they can compromise the wheel bolt's capability to resist shearing.

3) chrome adds weight to the wheel, and can fade to a yellowish color, polished aluminum gets dirty quick and you need to polish it a lot, polished wheels w/ a clear coat are heavier, but much easier to clean, and stay nice longer. I suggest getting polished wheels w/ 1-2 coats of clear, and then put on 1-2 coats of wax to protect them as well as allow them 2 be cleaned easier.

4) they may not throw the speedo off at all if the tires are matched correctly. 275-35-18's should fit on 18x9.5 rims, and the speedo won't be off. I would suggest puting 275-35-18's on front and 275-40-18's in the rear just for more traction as well as a more raked look. Speedo calibration might and probably will be needed for 275-40-18's tho.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X