blackouts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackouts...

i just bought a full set of backouts and put em on and dear God driving at night has become a fear. even with the brights i can barely see. any suggestions on to improve this matter.
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

In PA we have to take them off at night because it's illeagal here to keep them on at night. I would take them at night, especially if you don't have good vision. but that's just my opinion.
    Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Comment

oops "take them off" it sould read
      Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Comment

i used 3m adhesive on it- on the mid section of it theres a part that has a hole in it - what could i use as a temp holder during the day--drilling wouldnt work.
        <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Which brand did you buy? I have had AVS and GTS covers and both were reletivly easy to take off but i had to take them off at night to see what i was going to hit. If you got the avs ones like it sounds there is actually velcro on the other side where you stuck it on so just pull and the pop right off.
          Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

this is true about the AVS covers, i had a set of them, the only problem is that anyone can take them off(mine got stolen once). then i bought another set and i drilled holes in the part of them that goes under the hood and took a peice of wire and put it through the hole. then i made a loop in the wire and hooked the loops around the peg like things that the hood rests on when it is down. so to get the blackouts off you need to open the hood, which is a pain but it can save you $$ if you live in the ghetto like me.

-ATL
            93 3.4L camaro

Comment

Yeah mine got stolen once too. didn't take the brackets though... idiots. I had the same problem, so i made some custom ones.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I have a GTS set and all of mine are easy to remove. The only ones which could actually be stolen are the fog light covers. My front head light covers can't be removed unless you pop the hood first. I just take the front ones out at night, I never take off the rear or fog lights.
                <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X