Covering a few things up in the engine compartment...alternative to loom(PICS) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covering a few things up in the engine compartment...alternative to loom(PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering a few things up in the engine compartment...alternative to loom(PICS)

well...I found out quickly that I wasnt going to get along with wire loom very well...so, my alternative is sheet metal :D instead of covering up each individual wire, I covered entire parts of my engine...now its not done yet but heres a little peak

BEFORE:

AFTER:

more up-close pics....just click in my sig ;)
    tell me what you think....

[ June 19, 2002: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

just curious but... WHY?
    no offense, but truthyfully i think it looks pretty bad.. (that's my opinion)

it looks way to cluttered and really out of place...
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I kinda like it but it needs to be rounded off on the edges and needs to be covered all of the way across the front. But I can kinda see where you are going and I think it will look good. BTW I dont like wire loom either.

Gerry
      <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

BTW, were you the one making fun of the battery covers my friend is making because yours doesnt look as good as his covers, sorry just being honest.

Gerry
        <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuprSpdDB7:
          just curious but... WHY?
          no offense, but truthyfully i think it looks pretty bad.. (that's my opinion)

it looks way to cluttered and really out of place...
          <hr></blockquote>

well, first of all did you see the before pics? I did say it wasnt finished...I've yet to mount it, and also I need to find something good to go around the edges....I havent had time to look...Im sure I can find something in the patio department at home depot....and cluttered?? The hole reason I did this was to unclutter.....I also made a few designs that im going to put onto them, right before I clear-coat it....

EDIT: I cant go all the way across because of the hood latch, if you look behing the car in a few of the pics you'll see alot of extra sheet metal.....

BTW: do you think its safe to leave in while im driving?? I primed it and used 500 degree engine enamel to paint it.....it'll be secure of course

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

05' CTS-V

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Beastly TA:
            BTW, were you the one making fun of the battery covers my friend is making because yours doesnt look as good as his covers, sorry just being honest.

Gerry
            <hr></blockquote>

lol ya....actually I did this after I read your post, or your friends post...sorry....I still think there over priced...the design is nice though... ;) ....30 some dollars for just battery...or 4$ at home depot ;)

05' CTS-V

Comment

THats pretty interesting. I don't know if its necessary or if I like it, but if you think its snazzy then its definetly unique! Heck, might win you a prize in a car show someday :D
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Nikon, what did you make them out of? Just curious
                - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Sheet Metal....if your wondering how I made them...just take some cardboard, or something easy to cut and shape but still sturdy, cut it to the size and shape you want, make sure to use a ruler and right angle... then draw your design out onto the 4$ sheet metal from Home depot and with tin snips take youir time and cut it out ;)

05' CTS-V

Comment

I think it looks pretty good, or at least has potential to look good. My only concern is, wouldn't this trap in a lot of unnecesary heat? It just seems to me that the sheet metal would heat up fast and act like an oven. Anyone else think of this?
                    <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Maniac:
                      I think it looks pretty good, or at least has potential to look good. My only concern is, wouldn't this trap in a lot of unnecesary heat? It just seems to me that the sheet metal would heat up fast and act like an oven. Anyone else think of this?<hr></blockquote>

I probably wont leave it in when I drive....but ya I can see what your talkin bout there is already little air flow throught the engine compartment...this would just restrict it even more....

05' CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X