custom hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom hoods

i have looked in jegs, i am looking at buying a ram air hood for my camaro, or maybe an ss style hood. In jegs...the ram air goes for 412.00. does anyone know of a place where i can get an aggressive looking hood for my 95 camaro for cheaper? Do you know of anyone who might be selling one soon? Thanks
    95 3.4L Camaro <br />Cold Air Intake<br />3 JL Audio 10\'s W/ Audiobahn amp<br />Recently wrapped around a tree, SELLING STEREO SYSTEM.<p>Lots of mods to come<p><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/az3/95v6/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.angelfire.com/az3/95v6/index.html</a> &lt;------My car<p>Favorite quote: \"Assume a virtue if you have it not.\"

fiberglass fabricators
    check them out. they got great prices and i'm driving up there friday to get a cowl hood that's not on their page. Jerome told me he would probally buy my hood for a mold if it wasen't too damaged so hopfully i will get it for cheep. I'm calling him later to make sure if he has it ready but the way he talks his stuff is top notch.

edit: i just got off the phone with jerome and he should have my hood ready. plus i will be the first to have one since he just started to make them. they run $300.00

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: 98V6REDCAMARO ]</p>
    98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

Check out ebay, theres always hoods going on there, usually SS hoods though. Damaged hoods here and there too, but I have no idea how much it costs to repair a hood.
      1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RaVeN1469:
        Check out ebay, theres always hoods going on there, usually SS hoods though. Damaged hoods here and there too, but I have no idea how much it costs to repair a hood.<hr></blockquote>

Most of the time on a fiber glass hood it depends if it's cracked or a piece is missing. If a piece is missing like the corner than you don't want it. But a crack is farley cheep to fix. On metal hoods it depends on the size of the dent and how many. in my case my hood on my car right now has about 5 small dents and would cost more in labor and would be full of bondo so getting another is the better way to go.

Comment

i have a unique 4.5 inch cowl hood for sale .... 400 $
          97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

To fix small dents use dry Ice :)

I have been told some packing places have it. Buy some, put on some hefty leather gloves. Wrap the ice in a towel, and put it on your hood until you hear a pop. The dent should be gone.

But I'm not liable if you damage your car -- do some more research on it.
            2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98V6REDCAMARO:
              fiberglass fabricators
              check them out. they got great prices and i'm driving up there friday to get a cowl hood that's not on their page. Jerome told me he would probally buy my hood for a mold if it wasen't too damaged so hopfully i will get it for cheep. I'm calling him later to make sure if he has it ready but the way he talks his stuff is top notch.

edit: i just got off the phone with jerome and he should have my hood ready. plus i will be the first to have one since he just started to make them. they run $300.00

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: 98V6REDCAMARO ]
              <hr></blockquote>

This guy apparently already has one!
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...206339&r=0&t=0
              2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Yep, he told me he don't stock them but makes them as you order them so he was fitting the first hood today and i'm going friday to get it. thanks though now i got to see it before i went up there. i like :D

he told me that the car was buying a ss hood and he was just using the car to test fit it on. i am just going by what he said though so don't flame me pleez.

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: 98V6REDCAMARO ]</p>

Comment

www.octaneautoparts.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X