dry ice dent removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry ice dent removal

ive read on here and some other bds about dry ice being used to remove small dents. well my back quarter panel is creased in a few spots.. and i have 2 small dents on my hood from some drunken friend sitting on the hood of my car

anyways none of them are that bad but a few friends and i would like to try the dry ice dent removing

thanks

OH, I gotta read about this when someone posts the dry-ice-bodyfixing website. With SO many dents on my car, I may open a dryice factory!

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

i tried to count my dents once, got lost at around 65 :D
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Well first of all if its creased, you know your scr*wed. Dry ice does work. Ok. Heat the spot with a blow dryer till its real hot, rub some dry ice wrapped in newspaper over it, the dent pops out, only good on dents 2" or less, my friend did this, freaked me out. As far as large "Pushed In" dents w/o creases, we all know about the toilet plunger, but use a clean one so you dont leave brown circles. The ding king also works on "some" dents, also again, they cant be creased, you can find those for around $15.Anyways, I have used all these methods, I should be called the Ding King. All just cheap fixes.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tireguy:
          we all know about the toilet plunger, but use a clean one so you dont leave brown circles.<hr></blockquote>

LOL! Skid marks on the car!

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X