X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lights Dim

I have seen a lot of Camaros and Firebirds with
    Parking lights brighter than mine??
    I have a 1996 V6 firebird and the parking light or verry dim.
    Is it time for new blubs or is it new model that you can only see from down the road at daytime??

I've noticed that, too. There's a 2002 Trans Am (black) convertible around town that I always see. I always wondered why his orange parking/blinker lights were brighter than mine it seems.

I have a 1999 Firebird coupe, maybe it's just cuz its older they aren't as bright who knows, but all I know is they sure look intimidating when they are really bright, and I just replaced my right turn signal bulb, and it didnt change much....
    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

maybe you should buy some LED bulbs

Comment

It's called DRLs (daytime running lamps). 97+ camaros have them, and 1998+ Firebirds have them
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BlitzPuppet:
          It's called DRLs (daytime running lamps). 97+ camaros have them, and 1998+ Firebirds have them<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

or Daytime Running Lights [img]smile.gif[/img]

My friend has a 2002 3.8 firebird, and his aren't DRLs. He has to manually turn them on. I believe the T/A's have them instead of the firebirds.
          94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

I have a 98 3.8 firebird and mine come on whenever i turn the car on...as far as i know i cannot turn them off unless i turn the brights on..
            \'98 Black Firebird A4<br />T-tops<br />\'98 Silver Grand Prix GTP

Comment

just FYI-if you wanna disable your DRL's/autolights go here:

http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html

i did this mod about 10,000 miles ago on my '02 camaro...no problems at all.

--matt

Comment

I alwats liked the amber glow coming from the new fbodies with DRL's so I did a manual version myself.

They basically turn on when the car is on and off when the car is off.

They are very bright now and only the turn signals are on, not like when you have the parking lights and the back lights also are on.

It only involves a few relays and basic wiring...I got the directions off projecttransm.com

[ July 12, 2003: Message edited by: fbody4life ]</p>

Comment

Can someone tell me, in basic terms, what these "DRLs" are, because I really don't understand what everyone's saying very well..

I have a 1999 Pontiac Firebird Coupe (made in Canada, I believe), how do I know if I have DRLs, and what do they do?
                  Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Day time Running Lights are a feature that GM puts in your car so you don't have to manually turn on your lights. Hence if its dark enough outside or getting dark your lights will turn on automatically (doesn't have to be dark outside, you can be in a dark area such as a parking garage and they will turn on).

You ask how do you know if you have daytime running lights? Well its simple during the day your 2 parking lights in front should be on and during the night without turning on anything your lights should come on.
                    2002 Black Camaro<br />V6 3.8L M5<br />Mods:<br />SS Hood<br />More to come soon..

Comment

I see...well, if that's the case, my Firebird doesn't have them, because I always have to turn my headlights on when its dark outside.

I was just wondering if the amber glow of the turn signals was made brighter in anyway, because I know that Trans Am has REALLY bright amber turn signals.

Comment

DRL's are Daytime Running Lamps. All of the newer GMs have them and other manufacturers have them on some of their models. They are meant to make a vehicle more visible in the daylight and come on when the car is started and the parking/headlights are not on and the parking brake is off. Depending on the model (for example Corvette and Camaro) the front turn signal lights (not parking lights) are energized. On some models (Sunfire for example), the headlight low beams are energized at around 60% to 70% percent of normal. They are required by law on all vehicles sold in Canada.
                        <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X