• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have These Tips??

Tips

I wanted to buy these but what do you guys think

how would they sound with Flowmaster 80

No, but those are nice!!
    1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

haha, i have them, pickedthem up at the local pep boys for $15 each. dont look to bad, but they are cheap quality and they will start rusting after abouta year like mine started too. check em out at pep boys. does add a nice deep rumble though with the resonators.

Comment

yeah they are $30 bucks at autoparts :mad:
        they don't have any pep boys here in Iowa :D

Comment

sorry a little off topic here, but TurboKillaZ where in Iowa are you from? I'm from New Sharon about 20 miles south of Grinnel if you know where thats at.

On topic... you might try advanced auto, or oriely's for those tips.... we have them in iowa.
          \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

TurboKillaZ you have mail.
            \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

They look pretty cool, but did you notice the sizes - Available to fit 1-7/8" and 1¾" tailpipes - dont most of us have 2.25-2.5" tailpipes coming out of our exhausts. I dunno if that can still be welded no problem, but just thought I'd point it out.
              AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

last year i got those tips from pep boys and sure they looked cool but after a while the baffles started to rust and made them look like crap so i put my orginal tips on the oval ones.
                2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

i was going to buy some of those, i have the mon another car of mine, but i decided to go with these http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...f31406HKR.html istead. they sound much better than the monza tips, and they are VERY high quality. you can get em out of jegs. # 520-21433 $35 each. free shipping
                  john
                  1998 Silver T-Tops Camaro, 3.8 5 Speed<br />Mods: VFN Fiberglass Stingray Hood, Whisper Lid, Free ram air mod, 3\" I-Pipe to Flowmaster 80 to dual 3\" Hooker dual tips, 160 degree thermo...too much to list <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683461\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683461</a>

Comment

and i also have a flowmaster 80, 2.5 i pipe, to 3 inch outlet tips.
                    john
                    1998 Silver T-Tops Camaro, 3.8 5 Speed<br />Mods: VFN Fiberglass Stingray Hood, Whisper Lid, Free ram air mod, 3\" I-Pipe to Flowmaster 80 to dual 3\" Hooker dual tips, 160 degree thermo...too much to list <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683461\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683461</a>

Comment

sry camarol32 that was my old email,just had the tips put on today and the flowmaster 80 its not that loud anymore :(

Comment

Available to fit 1-7/8" and 1¾" tailpipes [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I had a set on my 92 camaro, the resonators helped keep it quiet and non-ricey. But It was very restrictive, then the baffles rusted out so I took a chisel to them and took out the baffles, sounded way better.

My opinion [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

[ July 16, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
                          Cardomain

Comment

Well email me then. I need a fellow sixer to run at the track with :D

-sorry mods for the off topic post

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X