HELP!! Waterspots on glass!! Tried everything!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! Waterspots on glass!! Tried everything!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Waterspots on glass!! Tried everything!!

I had planned to spend the whole day cleaning the inside and outside of my car. I have read on here that alot of people used vinegar to get waterspots off of their car. I tried that and nothing happened. I tried a soap/vinegar mix and just straight vinegar. Nothing. I was using white distilled vinegar if that makes any difference. I also tried everything else I own- mineral spirits, clorox, bleach white, some citrus grease cutter, and nothing is working. Of course I made sure to completely wash this stuff off. I really wanted to get these off today. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Try a claybar. If that doesn't work, try using fine grade steel wool. It won't hurt your windows and actually does a good job on cleaning [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck.
    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Thanks for the help!! Im assuming fine grade steel wool can be picked up somewhere like Walmart or the grocery store?? Something like SOS pads?? Thanks.
      <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

yea, buy the Brillo/SOS steel wool pads that are made for cleaning dishes. It's a very fine grade and they usually come with soup made into them. I used them one time to clean my stainless steel exhaust tips and it cleaned them good. But I had to polish out some fine scratches. You won't have to worry as much about that on glass.

Comment

get some comet or Ajax... whatever comes in those tall cans.. it cleans, but isnt harsh. just swirl it around with a wet cloth and then wash it off... works for me, and it gets of wax and stuff too so you can get a clean window

Comment

you wax your windows?

Comment

Hey Sandman - You've had quite a few good posts on sanding/ polishing / painting / etc - can you do a post on the different grades of steel wool and/or sandpaper that you use for various applications (as well as where you recommend buying) - it would be very helpful.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X