Custom tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom tail lights

Im going to go back to the pre97 style taillights (even though i hate them) because I need my 3rd brake light to start working again. Ever since I installed the 97+ style I lost my 3rd brake light and guess what--inspection is due!

Aside from the Altezza things.. are there any other options? Doesn't someone on this board make clear one? If so, do you think they could make customs? [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

The ghetto way to do it is buy clear light covers and put mirror tint on the backs ;)

James
    James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

You could find some export tail lights, they aren't very common.
      Chance<br />1999 Grand Prix GTP<br />*stock*<br />1993 Camaro<br />Custom intercooled turbo, BMR suspension, huge stereo, appearance mods......<br />and now most is FOR SALE! :p)

Comment

where did you find those?

and, i dont think they make clear light covers for our rears...

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: jmeccia ]</p>
        Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jmeccia:
          where did you find those?
          <hr></blockquote>

Were you asking me? The export taillights used to be able to order from GM, they were meant for Japan and Brazil, etc. because they needed amber turn signals in the back from 93-96.

I do however have *1* unused, non-installed set if someone was interested in them. :cool:
          Chance<br />1999 Grand Prix GTP<br />*stock*<br />1993 Camaro<br />Custom intercooled turbo, BMR suspension, huge stereo, appearance mods......<br />and now most is FOR SALE! :p)

Comment

Yes, 2WISH4 - Im interested! You have the pair? And they are for the 93 - 96 models right? If so, i'll have to rewire, but thats no big deal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jmeccia:
              Yes, 2WISH4 - Im interested! You have the pair? And they are for the 93 - 96 models right? If so, i'll have to rewire, but thats no big deal. [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

I have the *pair*. :D

One left. :D

and one Right. :D

Yes, you've gotta rewire your taillights to be like a 97+ taillight thingies. :D

I'll check to make sure their plastic is still over the lenses while I get another beer. :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 2WISH4:
                I'll check to make sure their plastic is still over the lenses while I get another beer. :D <hr></blockquote>

Yep, there's not a scratch on'um, and the original sticky see-through plastic is still attached. :D

Comment

Ok, im assuming these were for your 93 camaro..right? Did you order them from GM? Also, are you sure you have to re-wire the car for the 97+ wiring? Because I cant imagine that GM would have a different wiring pattern on the assembly line just for the exported camaros..i mean they dont sell enough in the states (so they claim) why would they go through the trouble?

But, if you say it has to be re-wired, then it must. But that poses a problem for me, because as much as Id like to pick those up I dont want to have to rewire for 97+ style. I did that before (for the 97 tailights obivously) and my 3rd brake light stopped working which resulted in an ABS INOP light always being on! Now, maybe i did it wrong, but i followed directions given very carefully.

- If you're certain it needs rewiring, do you know how to correctly do this?

- And secondly, how much are you looking to get for these?

Thanks!

Comment

those lights are cool!

I ought to see if someone in Japan or Brazil or wherever will trade with me.

Best of both worlds. I'm happy. They're happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X