What not to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What not to do...

I was thinking about doing some appearance stuff before I did engine stuff on my firebird. I for sure know that I want to stay away from the whole "ricey" style... but I think Fast and the Furious brain washed me.. need help.. tell me what not to do to my car... even though I know that I should do whatever I want and will make me happy ... but I'm open for suggestions. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Hmmm, I'd pretty much say what you already said, do whatever makes you happy and what you think looks sharp. I've seen a ton of people completely rice out a camaro v6. Then i've seen a ton of people all for the muscle scene and power with absolutely no appearance mods. I try to capture both of those aspects. I'm only 17 so I'm gonna want a good looking car you know what I mean? I'll do a little performance wise, then appearance wise i'll dress up my car. I try not to do too much ricer stuff. I'd probably stay away from that huge wing and a bunch of decals and tribal designs on the side, i'd probably stay away from those altezza lights too. I mean I think they look alright on my opinion, but I'm not use to seeing them on the backs of camaros. Plus they're too much money for this poor man.
    But do whatever you think will make you stand out from the rest without going too outrageous. I always try to do little things that makes my red camaro different from the other million red camaros you see every day of your life.

Comment

thanks.... I'm 17 too.. and I would do stuff under the hood but with the way I drive I don't want to die just yet ;) ... so I'm thinking appearance is good until I mature a little. I was thinking maybe changing my lights and maybe some new exhaust tips... but don't know what size my stock dual exhaust is... any help with that anyone? Yeah, I'm trying to stay away from neon and excessive decals along with big wings and stupid paint jobs.
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

You have a Firebird.
        Get the Wings West spoiler since you already have the W68 and Y87 packages. Maybe you could get some 17" rims (WS6 for example) and just change out the centercap. I have pedals (not indiglo's tho). There are some nice aluminum billet pedals made, I'll get you a link later. If your car is an M5 you can get a nice shift knob too. You can also paint your interior ;) (see my sig).
        And, the single most important exterior 'mod', ZAINO! :D

Edit - how could I forget!!? Ram Air hood! :D

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: The Sandman ]</p>
        <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Thanks a lot for you guy's help... keep the ideass coming, I'm digging all these so far. I've researched some for appearance mods for firebirds, but all those damn hondas take up most of the sites, and all the ones for firebirds are rip offs or extremely gay... thanks for your guy's help... please keep postin'.

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

No Problem man, check this page out.

Here

Goto the firebird section at the top and they have tons of pictures of cars where you can get ideas. It's pretty cool.
            For the exhaust I got a camaro btw, I bought a Dynomax Super Turbo Dual Outlet muffler at jegs.com for like $45 and threw on some tailpipes. I like the borla intercooled tips, the duals are like 90 but the singles are like $30 a peice. Or you could just get 3" Oval tips coming out since most firebird guys got them. I dunno.
            I only did mine at the muffler, most people get it done from the CAT and back. If you have the money go all out with the job get headers, a CAT, and everything and your ride will sound nice.

HOpe I could help, Ted

Comment

Ted... your the man.. thanks a lot... you've been really helpful... what size pipes are on stock dual exhaust firebirds? Oh and I can always get new headers later on down the road and just throw on the tips I have now right? or is that a stupid thing to do?

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Since you've already got packages it seems on the car, I'd start small. Get decals to accent the car. Since your car is silver get black. Get Black Firebird decals to go on the door. Black Pontiac inserts for the back. And go from there. This is a cheap way to start making it look good and not ricey. I wouldn't do any spoiler that sets high up off the car. That will look rice. I like the idea of getting WS6 wheels. But then you'd need tires too and it would get expensive. The new 2001 WS6 rims look great and would really set off your V6. There are alot of WS6 owners trying to part out for the older style WS6 wheels. I don't see why.

Tint your windows too! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey no problem man. I don't want to be wrong on this but my mind is saying that the stock pipes are 2.5" correct me if im wrong though someone else, they could be 2.25". I'm pretty sure they're 2.5" though. I don't think it would be a stupid idea to get the headers on later. I still have the stock headers on my car right now too. If anyone finds some good tips though tell me, I want some good 2.5" chrome dual tips.

Ted

Comment

Ted, stock exhaust size I think is 2.25. I know the I-pipe is this big, I don't think the tips are any bigger.
                    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Thanks, what's a good site to get black decals, I kinda wanted reflective, I thought those looked tight.

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

www.reflectiveconcepts.com

Comment

My car is on the site that Ted posted [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

If I changed my dash lights to blue or something.. ricey or not?

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Leave your red lights in there man, they look really good as is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X