Painted hood inserts & bowtie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted hood inserts & bowtie

So i spray painted my hood inserts/grills and front bowtie silver/chrome. First time spray painting.. now im addicted. My first modifications for my car. What do you guys think? More pictures @ http://photobucket.com/albums/f83/gilbert_gonzalez/

[ February 08, 2006, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: gugdathug3 ]

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Pretty cool. I did the same for my fender vents. The bowtie looks like it was a lot of effort, though... it wasn't removeable?
    1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

It looks good, I am planning on painting my insert grills on my ws9 ram air hood silver. They are black now, it's kind of hard to see in this picture. That will prolly be the next thing that I do.

Comment

Thx a lot for you compliments, glad to hear someone beside me like it. I tried removing it but it was like stuck onto the plastic, so i left it on. it was extremely simple. took me about 5 mins. and like 10 mins. for it to dry. blkbird_2001 your car looks awesome, cant wait to see the pics of the grill. Excuse the horrible resolution of the picture i put, i'll try to take better pics next time.

Comment

how was the bow tie attached? epoxy?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
            how was the bow tie attached? epoxy?
            uhmm.. i'm not sure Loochy.

Comment

that looks good.. i am about to paint the side grills on my bird... do any of you think i should put clear coat or anything on them or will it be fine to just put paint... also should i get chrome paint or will just silver look chromy?
              1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by bret_xi:
                that looks good.. i am about to paint the side grills on my bird... do any of you think i should put clear coat or anything on them or will it be fine to just put paint... also should i get chrome paint or will just silver look chromy?
                Sound's great! i dont think it matters if you put a clear coat or not on the grill, and for the paint i got "original chrome," it looks nice. good luck.

Comment

For my side vents, I just washed them up really good with dishwashing soap, wiped them down really good with alcohol, and used some 400 grit sandpaper (which probably made cleaning them pointless) on them, then painted them with Duplicolor Chrome. Silver is going to look silver, chrome is going to look chrome. Clearing over it might help it last longer, though. I just did mine, so I don't know how long it's going to last...
                  1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

Ya the bowties are just stuck on with epoxy.
                    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

Hey gilby, it looks like SH!T!
                      haha j/k man, good job!
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X