Removing Paint on Tires???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Paint on Tires???

I just got a set of Firehawk rims. The guy I got them from used them for autocross. The tires have white paint spots on them where they mark them for tread wear I think. I was wondering what I could use to remove the paint.I don't want to use anything to mess up the sidewalls on the tires since they are practically new. Thanks

John
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Dunno what to tell you. Paint remover would be way too harsh on the tires, so I'd use a black permanent marker to cover up the white paint. Can't think of anything that removes paint from rubber.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

try goo gone or just get some sand paper and rub it off....
      <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Rubbing alchohol aughta take care of it.
        <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Thanks for for the ideas, if removing the paint doesn't work I'll use the marker idea.
          1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Originally posted by WickEdSix9838:
            try goo gone or just get some sand paper and rub it off....
            goo gone will work I had to do it once...like a charm ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X