windor modling poping off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windor modling poping off

first off i have a 98 firbird and on my passanger side the blk molding on the door that's for the window pop's up i've pushed it back in even try'd getting the metal clips to "click" back in but low and behold it will pop off again i mean has anyone else ever had this problem?
    \"its been long over due\"

My drivers side window molding does that. I've popped it back but it always pops back up when you close the door. Probably need to get a new piece from the dealership.
    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

ya serious there has to be a way to fix it right? cause everytime n well i should start looking at car part outs then cause from the dealer i might as well apply for credit i aint gonna pay like 5x what its really worth

Comment

my passenger side window moulding does that too.. just the back, the front stays on fine but the clips dont seem to want to hold.
        I have been thinking about making this post myself but i havent even checked with the dealership to see how much that strip will cost
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Someone should have the answee out there since it seems that were not alone this has been taking the look out of car for awhile now

s

Comment

My drivers side door does that. I made sure the cloth (not really cloth, but whatever that padding is called) runners that support the window we're in the right spot, then I drilled a hole in the frame of the door and threw a washer and a screw for support. Make sure you have the runners in the right spot though, otherwise you could scratch your window or rip your tint if you have tint.
            1996 Chev Camaro RS 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1</a>

Comment

my drivers side does that and i took it to a shop to order another and they said you used to be able to just order the clips for it cause they break sometime, but now they only sell the molding. and that is aroudn 40$ i think? i had mine replaced and it is broke again.. lol
              1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

well thanks for giving an estiment ya i'm gonna have to go to the shop soon my mother in law put a nice dent in my car so i'm gonna be there anyway thanks

Comment

What piece are you talking about the thing that holds like the power window/lock controls?
                  1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

No on the outside of the window... the plastic trim that actually sits on top of the door panel.
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Mine does it also on the passenger side. Gonna just get some super glue this weekend and see if that works, my clip doesn't seem broke or anything it just keeps popping out. I'll let you know how the glue works this weekend lol.
                      2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        5 hours ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X