washing car after new paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing car after new paint

After getting my car painted, How long do i have to wait before i can wash it?

ive heard six weeks
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I painted and clearcoated a fender and let it sit under a heatlamp for 10 hours, without the heatlamp for 14 hours, lightly sanded the finish with 2,000 grit sandpaper, then buffed it with a Carnuba Wax. It came out really nice! I told the guy to not touch it (hand wash, wax, or run it through a carwash) for over a month so it could properly/fully cure.

Temperature has alot to do with it too. The colder temps the newly painted area is subjected to, the longer it should take to dry. It was only my second paint-shooting though, so I am still learning.

Big question: Who's painting it for you??
      sigpic

Comment

my guy told me i could lighty wash it after a week, with no nozzle on the hose, and dont touch it. you can wax after 90 days, i wouldnt wax earl, some say 60 days. but my guy said 90. no car wash's untill 50-60 days i think he said.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

hey i got my hood painted around november soes this mean i can wax it when my zaino comes in this week!!! i hope so i havent waxed it since the hood b/c i was waiting on i to cure!! as it was in the colder months(not cold i live in la) so ehh look forward to waxing it!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah chet, 3 months is plenty of time to wait to wax it. go for it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              7 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X