grill appearance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grill appearance problem

I just found out that its against the law in houston texas not to have 2 license plates and I only have one in the back I took the front one off after I bought my billet grille and now I have to put my license plate on the front of it which will make ie look ugly this is the new texas law or sumthing like that I was told and I could get a ticket for 200 dollars so I want to go with a another grill that I can put my license plate on not the stock one and have it look somewhat good or mabye even bettercause my billet grill dosen't shine as much I would like it to. So does anyone have any suggestions about this I would like one of those flame grills that they make for the trucks that would like tight plus everything in my car has flames on it
    eric head

I saw someone with the plate behind the grille and It looked pretty good.
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

I did to mabye I will try that mattafact thats who I found out that information from someone that had a license plate over there billet grill
      but what about shining it up it just dosen't shine that much too me like I thought it would I guess since I just got brand new tires and 17 inch wheels thats what making it look so dull compared to my rims
      eric head

Comment

just buy some chrome spraypaint and paint the grill...it would look shinier, and a can of paint is only like 5 bucks. my opinion. as for the license plate, maybe you could just put it on your dash, (i dunno if it is legal in TX) or if you look right under the front end of the car, there is a plastic piece that you can drill holes in, and hang the plate from zip ties...that would be my best guess...
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

I would think the plate behind the grill would be illegal, just like the plate in the windsheild. The whole reason for the plate is so the cops can run the number, which means they need to be able to read it. I would also suggest under the front bumper, although it may get hit quite a bit.
          <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

x2 on the drill holes on the air scoop in the bottom and hang the plate from zip ties, ive seen it done. does not look bad! and u still get to keep the grille.

Good luck!
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              6 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X