Make those foggy headlights look new....*PICS* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make those foggy headlights look new....*PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make those foggy headlights look new....*PICS*

I have a 98 camaro and last summer I was debating on whether or not to purchase a set of Halo headlights. The reason, my headlights were VERY VERY FOGGY. They looked almost yellow, from being exposed to the sun for soo long. Due to lack of funds and too much spare time on my hands I decided to try to polish up the headlights......and these are the results that I got.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

COMPARISON:

Beats paying $150 for a set of new headlights!

Let me know if any of you guys are interested in the procedure. I'll post a how-to.

Rock on [img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img]

to do it correctly you have to sand off the clear coat and build up a new one with chemicals...you prolly just sanded off the old clear...expect them to get yellow again very quickly ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Your right, I sanded down the lights. Then I polished them up with Blue Magic metal polish and Kit scratch remover. These pics were taken almost a year ago and my headlights still look brand new, no yellowing.

Comment

Hey those b4 and after pics look nice.
        Mine are starting to get foogy too.
        you say you sanded them down then polished them up, what did you use to sand them down / what was your procedure?
        -99 pewter camaro M5-<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/bster99maro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/bster99maro</a>

Comment

1. Clean the headlights with soap and water to remove dirt.

2. Wet-sand the headlights with a 1500 grit paper. This will take away most of the oxidation. Then go over them with a 1000 grit paper.

3. Again clean the headlights with water and allow them to dry.

4. Then use either "Kit Scratch Out" or "Bluemagic Liquid Metal Polish" to apply a good coat on the headlights using a circular motion.

5. Allow the coat of polish to haze over and then buff the headlights with a clean cloth or pad.

I spent about 30min on each light, doing everything by hand.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X